Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the local beach for awhile this afternoon. Lady had lost her ring in the water about 15 feet from shore in the water. After about a half hour search I found and returned it to her. It was a small 14KT gold band , probably weighed about 2gr. She was a happy camper!! Later I found a silver chain, silver earring, a stud ear ring and a stainless cross.

Attachments

• manatee Beach.jpg
    manatee Beach.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 465
Upvote 0

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You are doing good Les! Keep it up! I will have to make it to one of the meetings one of these months and catch up with you.

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice post, Les.

You did well finding and returning that gold ring...

I love all the silver that you found...and I think that glittering item is "Coco Chanel" brand jewelry.

I found this e-bay site with similar looking earrings...maybe this is what you found?

Scroll down a bit to see the earrings that are similar.

http://shop.ebay.com/items/logo earrings?_dmd=1&_sop=12

Lorraine

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent looting sir!! That necklace looks like a honker as well! :headbang: :notworthy: :headbang:

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Did she compensate you? I know its the right thing to do. But there should be a reward. HH -Joe

Les West Central Fl said:
Went to the local beach for awhile this afternoon. Lady had lost her ring in the water about 15 feet from shore in the water. After about a half hour search I found and returned it to her. It was a small 14KT gold band , probably weighed about 2gr. She was a happy camper!! Later I found a silver chain, silver earring, a stud ear ring and a stainless cross.

Aurora64blue

Sep 25, 2009
South Eastern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tiger Shark, Fisher F70, Vibra Probe 580
Good deed done Les

A reward might have been nice. However, she may be the type who would normally just return anything she found without asking for a reward herself.

Anyway, I think that maybe the good karma has paid you back in spades.

I really like the silver necklace, looks heavy.

Congrats on both fronts! :icon_thumright:

Ralph

OP
OP
Les West Central Fl

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
joeb1999 said:
Did she compensate you? I know its the right thing to do. But there should be a reward. HH -Joe

Les West Central Fl said:

No reward but got a good feeling returning. I don't believe she had much but she was grateful.

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Great of you to find and return the ring Les! No better feeling in the world than to make someones day go from bad to good. Best of the best! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :icon_profileright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread