One good roll

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Boxes haven't been very good recently so I stopped at a few banks I check every 4 months or so. First one had $9.50 in their counting machine that included 2 1967s. The next one is in Wal-Mart. They had $6 loose that had 1 1967. The third always has at least a few rolls but will only let me have $50 worth since I don't have an account. I got my 5 rolls (Hand or bank rolled) and the first roll my wife opened had 1 64-D, 1-66, 4-67s, and 2-68s. The other 4 rolls had 1-67 and a 06-P. The bank requires $100 to open a savings account so I haven't opened an account there yet. With today's finds I think I might finally open an account there and buy all their halves. My regular box today was another skunk.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Thanks marine09666. I went back today and opened a savings account. They had a bag of $400, 1 roll, and $8.50 loose. Total of 4-1967 and 3-1968-D. A total of 1 90% and 15 40%. The also said they could order me halves but the would come in a bag and not rolled. I told them that would be just fine. I think all my other buy banks get their halves from the same company so getting bags could be a good thing.

rdb7

Apr 15, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace250 w/ eXcelerator 10x14 DD coil
hi fropa.. how do you get them at walmart.. service desk?

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing you can TRY is, if you have any children, open an account in their name with you as the administrator. They don't USUALLY have a minimum on a child account. That way you can open an account at every bank you go to. ;D

OP
OP
F

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
rdb7 - The Wal-Mart has a small bank branch inside. It is actually a branch of the bank I just opened the account at. They have 2 tellers and I ask every few months if they have any halves.

Unfortunately I'm old (46) and my three sons are out on their own now. That is a great idea for someone with younger kids.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job Fropa!! It sounds like a pretty good day to me............ :thumbsup:

I have had some pretty good success at these small branches inside of WalMart's. Although they have never had a large quantity of rolls, when they did they seem to have produced pretty good. One time I picked up 5-6 solid rolls of silver in one.....so you never know.

Keep us posted on those bags.....as you know there have been some folks on here they have done really good with bags in the past.

Good luck and keep plugging.................

BTW - So your wife got the good roll huh......lol......women just have the touch......... :wink:

OP
OP
F

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Thanks LJ. My wife is always able to open most of the rolls with silver in them. Women just seem to sense the precious metals and stones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread