🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I wanted to try some different programs on my DFX so I thought I would go to a park that I have hunted several times that was pretty close to me. My very first find was a ring. Looks gold but I don't think it is. Then I found what I thought was a 1944 Mercury dime. When I got home I cleaned up best I could. The back has a lot of crud on it with just a few letter visible. The front had 1944 D with an eagle and shield and banner and says UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. It is the size of a dime and has the edge like one except bigger ridges. I looked it up and it is a 10 Centavos Philippines coin. Now that is a first for me.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 322
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 324
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 324
Upvote 2

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
interesting coin .... congrats ! :thumbsup:

jrc79inNC

Sep 26, 2010
Bayern, Deutschland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In regards to the 10 Centavos Coin from the Philippines it was actually from the Denver mint (hence the D mintmark). From the turn of the 20th century to the end of World War II the Philippines was a territory of the US, and some of their coinage was minted in the Denver and San Francisco mints.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I dug a ten cent silver centavos/Phillippines here in Denver back in the late 1980's.

Nice finds and thanks for the post.

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For a one hour hunt, you did great. I was very perplexed when I uncovered my first 10 centavos. Had no idea what is was. Cool coin! Congrats!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to try some different programs on my DFX so I thought I would go to a park that I have hunted several times that was pretty close to me. My very first find was a ring. Looks gold but I don't think it is. Then I found what I thought was a 1944 Mercury dime. When I got home I cleaned up best I could. The back has a lot of crud on it with just a few letter visible. The front had 1944 D with an eagle and shield and banner and says UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. It is the size of a dime and has the edge like one except bigger ridges. I looked it up and it is a 10 Centavos Philippines coin. Now that is a first for me.
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions