One humble finds display

Mr Ripley

Jul 31, 2009
Western PA
Hi all,

I just can't bear watching more snow fall on top of our already considerable ice/snow/ice barrier to digging that we already have, so if you will humor me I will this up a picture of one of the displays in my reading room.

Nothing extraordinary, just some smalls, interesting shards and what-not I have found digging a glass dump hot glued into an antique type setter's drawer. Zoom in and look around, maybe we amuse our frozen selves for a while. For those in warmer places, ignore this and go dig.....

Mr R

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    829.8 KB · Views: 261

John Winter

Aug 23, 2014
England
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe 'humble', but nevertheless quite impressive.
Thanks for sharing, Mr Ripley!

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice display Mr R

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds- I think the soldier is Manoil Barkley, and the red and white pottery piece may be mason, in case you didn't know!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is very cool! Like the blue glass and photo. Is that a Merry Widows tin? What a great idea. I metal detected today may just dig a little dump I found tomorrow. Looks to be a 20s era.
Like the display!

OP
OP
Mr Ripley

Mr Ripley

Jul 31, 2009
Western PA
Hi all,

thanks very much for the information and kind comments.

All of the items are held in place with a dollop of hot glue. I tried other methods but this seems to work best. I have enough smalls to do a couple more, what this dump lacks in quality bottles it more than makes up for in fun smalls.

Glad to be back gleaner1, my ADHD brain has taken me on a tangent involving railroads and various other small obsessions. Glad to see that this is still the same nice place it has always been. The small milk is a Borden's promo. The full size model is proving elusive.

Yes John, that is indeed a dog tag belonging to a local gentleman. I decided to contact his surviving family using the local historical society as a go between. After a flurry of messages I could not convince them that I was not scamming them, or that I was offering to give it to them, not selling. Finally the message came back that the family was not interested in the tag and was ending contact. Sad really... Once in a while when I pass the display I silently thank him for his service.

Mr R

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a very cool display! And a neat little collection of smalls too ;) I need to come up with something like that- great idea:thumbsup:

wheatfinder13

Silver Member
Nov 23, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Teknetics alpha 2000 ,garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
very nice collection. I like all those tokens. I have one drawer very similar to the one you have which I put my finds in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread