One Last Muddy day Hunt for the year here in Ohio! UPDATE on Watch Cover!

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I cleaned the Watch cover. Had to use electrolysis. It cleaned up better than I thought it
would. I thought for sure it was silver, but nope, I'm thinking now that it must be Rose Gold. Inside
of the watch cover is a number. I'll include the picture of the number.

Hope your January has been a good one. Looks like I'll be looking for a woods to hunt, with a lot
of leaves. LOL. The snow has been falling for 3 days here in NW Ohio and now it's supposed to get
really cold.

I did get out Saturday for about 2 hours looking for a guys glasses, but only found a beer can and
a buckle. Never did find the glasses. They were titanium so very hard to find. Only my F75 would give a signal on them and then they came in at 12 or 13 on the meter. I tried my pair of glasses.

Have a good one, Ringfinder

Gary my hunting partner and I got out one last time before the end of the year. Weather finally got up to 46 degrees. We haunted 6 old one room school house sites. Everyone of them had a lot of MUD around them. But we still came away with a few finds.

Gary found two Mercury's 1926 & 1940, two IH's 1897 & 1902 and a really neat token
Foster Martin Hardware Stoves, Grand Rapids Mich.

I found a Mercury dime 1945, two IH's 1890 & 1903, a Clay marble, 2 rim fire shells, they have US on the bottom of them and one bullet, think it came out of one of the shells. Also dug a button and a really neat Watch cover with a Sail ship engraved on it.

We both had a good day, really muddy, but had fun. Was glad to get out and hunt!

HH, Ringfinder

Attachments

• Denny\'s Last finds of the Year.jpg
    Denny\'s Last finds of the Year.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 670
  • Gary\'s finds for the last day of the year.jpg
    Gary\'s finds for the last day of the year.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 676
  • Gary\'s token find other side.jpg
    Gary\'s token find other side.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 670
  • Watch cover cleaned and other finds.jpg
    Watch cover cleaned and other finds.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 292
  • Inside of watch cover.jpg
    Inside of watch cover.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 295
Upvote 0
Re: One Last Muddy day Hunt for the year here in Ohio!

sweet finds---Congrats

fortbball9

crazyjarhead said:
Nice hunt RF. Have a happy 09 and a safe one Ron

Thanks Guy, Same to you. Hey you ever take your detector with you while your trucking. I have my
CDL, if you need a driver. LOL

HH, Ringfinder
fortbball9 said:
sweet finds---Congrats

fortbball9

Thanks Fortball9, we always have fun hunting together. Sometimes we don't find much, but we
usually make up for it. LOL

Ringfinder

Great finds Dennis!

Nice last hunt! That watch cover looks like it could be silver. HH, Mike

Great way to end the year Ron. I guess it is warmer down here in Dayton; so we can still get out. If we get some snow, we can did through it. But, if it turns cold and ground freezes, yup...that's it for this winter.

The IH are nice and that token is very interesting. Looks like you proved the old saying--a place is never hunted out.

SKD

Nice collection of finds. Love that silver. :thumbsup:

Awesome token, congrats.
But the watch cover is da bomb!
Best of luck in 09!

DN

Looks like a great day. I need to start looking up more old school sites.
JDD

Nice digs :thumbsup:

Congratulations on some nice digs. That token was produced between 1855 and 1861. It catalogues for $6.50 in fine condition in my 1999 book, but to me, if I found it, it would be worth much more than that. I really like that one. Have a happy and successful New Year. :thumbsup:
Steve

Bavaria Mike said:
Nice last hunt! That watch cover looks like it could be silver. HH, Mike

Not sure if it is silver or not. There aren't any markings in the inside, which kind of surprises me. I'll
see if I can clean it up some.
tsgman said:
Great finds Dennis!

Thanks Tim!
daytondigger said:
Congratulations on some nice digs. That token was produced between 1855 and 1861. It catalogues for $6.50 in fine condition in my 1999 book, but to me, if I found it, it would be worth much more than that. I really like that one. Have a happy and successful New Year. :thumbsup:
Steve

Thanks Dayton, Good Info! Your right, I wouldn't sell it either. Best to you in the New Year, Maybe we could go hunting sometime together. Bluffton, Ohio guy here
John Deere Digger said:
Looks like a great day. I need to start looking up more old school sites.
JDD

Now if I had your backhoe I could really do some damage. LOL Gary and I just got out my old book
on old one room school houses, one that I made from five counties and all the townships in each county and all from the 1860's. We started at one and just kept going every two miles and looked for the site. Some of the sites were in so much Mud, that we just went on. Now get to the Library and do some research this winter.
SoreKneesDayton said:
Great way to end the year Ron. I guess it is warmer down here in Dayton; so we can still get out. If we get some snow, we can did through it. But, if it turns cold and ground freezes, yup...that's it for this winter.

The IH are nice and that token is very interesting. Looks like you proved the old saying--a place is never hunted out.

SKD

Got that right on never hunted out. Guess maybe Gary and I need to drive down to Dayton. Actually we were thinking of taking a drive to Tenn. and maybe doing some CW relic hunting. Guess we got to hope for the best, but I kind of think, that old man winter is going to get us sooner than later.

Denver Nuggets said:
Awesome token, congrats.
But the watch cover is da bomb!
Best of luck in 09!

DN

Thanks for the comment Denver, see you use a ACE 250, you ever find a Gold Nugget with the ACE?
Best of Luck to you in '09 also.

Just a Update about my Watch Cover find!

Update

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back