one last silver

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
This is actually yesterdays find

Our temps went from the 50s yesterday to 21 today,so I figured I'd get one good last day in. I went to the site of an old schoolhouse that has turned up a 1911 wheat and an 1894 IH - nada. So I decided to stop by the spot that has turned up silver in the past. I was not going home without silver. Sure enough, after about an hour and a half, I hit an "iffy" signal, I dug it out of frustration(after 5 hours of nearly nothing), I decided that it was going to be silver, or ELSE !!!! There it was my second merc.

I started MDing late Sept. of this year, it looks like my season is over, so this is what I got so far:

Quarters- no date SLQ,1941d, 1940, 1961d

Dimes- 1840 half-dime, 1906 barber, 1920 merc, 1944 merc

nickels- um........a 1939 jefferson, does that count??

Pennies- two 1894 IH, 1895 IH, 1911 wheat, 1917 wheat(about 20 wheats total)

Two 925 silver rings, one sterling ring, one 925 silver earring

one gold hoop earring

And over $20 in clad.

All in all I would have to say that I had a really good start, I can't wait 'til next season. I'm even gonna try water-hunting next summer. I'm gonna spend my winter reasearching spots(with a hist. society membership) and roll hunting. The penny rolls have gotten me almost 20 wheats so far. So at least I may have stuff to post.

Here's the newest dime-

Attachments

• merc 2 01.jpg
    merc 2 01.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 287
  • merc 2 02.jpg
    merc 2 02.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 291
Upvote 0

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
that is an excellent way to finish the year !! :o :o ;D ;D ;D hopefully you can hunt again before the freeze.. ;D ;D ;D

T

TreasureTales

gold fish you are doing GREAT for someone who only started MDing in September. WTG. Doing your research over the winter and joining the historical society are excellent ideas. Come next Spring, you should be able to find some MORE awesome stuff. Congrats to you!

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, Gold Fish, what a GREAT Start to a fine hobby. Man you have more good finds than a lot of guys that have been hunting for years.

Can't wait to see your finds next year. By the way thanks for sending the cold weather this way, it was 63 this morning and it's now around 40 and dropping and a bunch of rain, supposed to turn to snow! Yuck!

HH,Ringfinder

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri
Of course your nickel counts. As for me, any nickels 1959 or before are keepers. Very nice for only a couple months! ;D

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice way to finish out 2006!

Well done, glad to see the Cortes has done it's job....time to start researshing sites for next year.

;D

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Congratulations on that Merc Great coin. Looks like you have done really well since Sept. Lots of great silver finds in there. Good to see you accomplish your goal yesterday with that Merc.

I still think this will melt out and hold off for a bit for most, however since you are further north perhaps it will stay cold a bit where you are. If not will be looking forward to the rest of 2006's finds.

Postalrevnant

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Nice start and way to get that last silver. :) A lot of times when I get frustrated it's not the best.

Does it count? :D Everything counts! ;) I typically don't keep the older jeffersons. Your keeping system will evolve - it's funny to think how my son and I started and how we evolved. Seems like now we have containers with finds all over the house now. We will get organized this winter.

Mirage

OP
OP
gold fish

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
mirage, I can tell you honestly, I am dreaming of the day that I have organizational problems with my finds. Although my wife has threatened to kill me when it reaches that point.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
39 is a key date ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread