cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back to a most bizarre old road near the ski slope where I've now picked up a total of seventeen Indian Head pennies (nine more this morning).

IMG_1351.JPG

Dates range from 1866 through 1906, but most of them in a tight span of 1890s to early 1900s. Not quite sure what was happening here, no other find except modern trash. Anyone else come across areas like this? Seems strange to me...

Happy hunting!

Steve

Last edited:
Upvote 35
sweet coins

thats a whole lot of indians! gotta go back and find that silver that went with it.

WHERES THE WAGON THESE INJUNS ARE CIRCLING....

LORDY---- you desecrated an Indian burial ground :BangHead:

the masked protesters with backpacks :tard: will be in your yard by sundown :blackbeard: :crybaby2: :stop: :evil7: :violent1: :protest::protest::protest: :icon_biggrin:

That's a hell of a tribe you got there!

most of those will clean up really well. Use distilled water to soak changing water daily. when changing water lightly brush or gently tooth pick to help it loosen stuff up. can take up to a week or more but totally worth it.

Wow! You not only found an Indian, you found the lost Indian tribe. Congratulations!

You interrupted the pow-wow! 8-)

Wow!! That is Awesome !! I would love to find that many indians.....Congrats all over the place...:thumbsup:

Great finds! Would have to know the history of your area, but some possibilities would be that there is an old homesite close by, or perhaps an old hunting lodge. Maybe even an early health resort. I would definitely be using google earth to get a birds eye view of that area.

Man, when it rains it pours!! Nice hunts! 17 IHP's??? WOW! :notworthy:

Makes me wonder if maybe there was some sort of game being played in the area, like pitching pennies. Maybe something that was popular in the day that would account for such a concentration. In any event, congrats on the great haul! :occasion14:

Congrats. My record is 11 indians in one day. Ive easily found over 100 from that site. An 1870-1885 fairgrounds. Ive also found close to 50 in a small area outside an old church

I typically find 5-10 IH cents per year, so your totals are amazing to me. Nice job!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back