One more dime!

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The picture is yesterday's finds. That brings the total for this old home site to 94 coins (3 silver dimes), a silver Boy Scout ring, and a Distinguished Flying Cross. My best guess is that I've recovered about half of what is there. More to come.

View attachment 730994

P.S. I was reading an old article that said old home sites are becoming rare and the "hay day" of metal detecting is gone by. Don't believe it! I have so many sites lined up it could take me a couple of years to get to them. That's of course if I don't locate any more! HH

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's finds were few. I spent a lot of time in a real trashy area, perhaps even a dump site. :( I do have something to show though. A 1943 silver dime, 1942 silver nickel, 2 wheat cents from the 1940's, a few clads, and a brass relic. Any ideas what the "handle" is for?

View attachment 731499

HH :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 735448

Today's finds old home site. 6 dimes (no silver), 6 pennies, one nickel, a penny shot with a 22 cal bullet, and a token to add to my collection.
Well over 100 coins from this site. HD :)

Last edited:

CaliShawnNokc

Dec 30, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
XP Deus w/9in coil
Whites MXT PRO w/DD 6x10
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's finds were few. I spent a lot of time in a real trashy area, perhaps even a dump site. :( I do have something to show though. A 1943 silver dime, 1942 silver nickel, 2 wheat cents from the 1940's, a few clads, and a brass relic. Any ideas what the "handle" is for?

View attachment 731499

HH :)

Beautiful Merk!! That relic looks like it would be a boot hook. They would hook the straps on each side of a boot so it was easier to pull them on, especially when they were new boots. Usually they would have two (one for each hand), so if that's what it is, you have another one to find. LOL

OP
OP
Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful Merk!! That relic looks like it would be a boot hook. They would hook the straps on each side of a boot so it was easier to pull them on, especially when they were new boots. Usually they would have two (one for each hand), so if that's what it is, you have another one to find. LOL

I think you might be right. I found it next to an old sewer station and it's ruggedness may be explained by the pulling on of rubber boots. Maybe hip waders? Thanks HD

CaliShawnNokc

Dec 30, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
XP Deus w/9in coil
Whites MXT PRO w/DD 6x10
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Twinkletoes said:
I think you might be right. I found it next to an old sewer station and it's ruggedness may be explained by the pulling on of rubber boots. Maybe hip waders? Thanks HD

No problem. Good luck finding it's twin!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread