one more silver and other coins from the woods

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Back to the amusement park woods today. Fought the battle of the deer ticks. It's been 70 degrees for the last couple days and the ticks are out in force. I took a lighter with me and burned several of the little critters off my pants. In between tick burnings I managed to pluck a few coins, however. Three Wheaties, a 1934 Buffalo Nickel, a V-Nickel and a 1956 Jefferson Nickel. Best find was a 1935 Washington Quarter.

The Quarter: fordlast 001.JPG fordlast 002.JPG

The Buffalo: fordlast 003.JPG fordlast 004.JPG

The rest: fordlast 005.JPG

This may be my last visit to these woods for this year. We'll see, if we get another cold spell I may go back. But for now the ticks are just too out of control. My silver count for these woods now stands at 593.

Upvote 0
S

seger98

593 silver coins all from one location? That's outstanding! Congratulations.

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Duck tape for the ticks and keep diggin.

OP
OP
skierbob

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Seger,

I've been hunting these woods every winter for about 25 years. The amusement park that was next to the woods was active from the 1890's to the 1950's. I believe the woods were used for picnics by the people at the park.

Bridge and the other guy,

I spray myself down with Deep Woods Off when I go into the woods. I try to cover both pant legs with the stuff. But it doesn't stop these little buggers from getting on my pants.
What good would rubber boots and duct tape do?

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
But for now the ticks are just too out of control. My silver count for these woods now stands at 593.

I'm sorry to hear that you might not be able to hunt that site any more this year. But you know that area better than anyone else, Bob.

How many other md'ers know that spot? I bet thousands of silvers have been dug out of that location over the years. That's what I call an old coin detectorist's dream site

HH,

CAPTN SE
Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread