One more time around.

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Tnetters. I have stopped in here time to time to inquiry about a bottle I have had for some years now. Not much has been gleaned about it, so I like to recheck internet searches to see if more info has surfaced? So far none and I have not made much headway. Figured I would stop in once again to see if anyone might know anything more. I am fully researched in the history of the company, but in exhaustive searches I have not been able to find another example of this bottle. I'm starting to think it might just be the only one known to exist, though I could be wrong. Bottle says L.J. CALLANAN 41 & 43 VESEY STREET. NY. FULL PINT BOTTLE on the opposite side.

I apologize for the cleanliness of the bottle, but I cannot get it cleaner. Years of trying has produced this and the narrowness of the opening hinders those tries. I am reluctant to insert an object in it to aid in cleaning as I'm afraid I will damage it. The opening is about 3/8" wide Thank you for any info :)

Last edited:

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could have been a liquor or tea. Seems like Mr. Callanan was a very prominent grocer and deeply involved in politics as well as an editor for his own paper.

MY SPECIALTIES
Pure Virgin Olive Oil. First pressing of the Olive. Imported under my Eclipse Brand in full half-pint, pint and quart bottles, and in gallon and half-gallon cans. Analysis by Agricultural Department, Washington, showing absolute purity, published inCallanan's Magazine.
L. J. Callanan's Eclipse Brand of Ceylon tea eclipses all other Ceylon teas offered in packages in this market, in quality and flavor.
There is no better tea sold in this country than my "41" blend, quality and flavor always the same. No tea table complete without it.
My "43" Brand of Coffee is a blend of the choicest coffees imported. It is sure to please lovers of good coffee. No breakfast table complete without it.
My Motto, Everything in Groceries, Wines, Liquors and Cigars, everything of the Best. A visit to my permanent food exposition will pay you. Copy Callanan's Magazine and price list mailed on request.
L. J. CALLANAN
41 & 43 Vesey Street, New York

3obn morgan $ Sons
- Established i««9
Stained Glass Figure Windows
Biblical and historical Subjects
Symbolic and Ornamental Windows
« Simple Ceaded glass *
Telephone 212 Gramercy. Sketches and Estimates on demand.
32 East <Mb street - - ■ HEOI VORK
Studios—17 Union Jive., Brooklyn, tl. Y.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, i meant olive oil or liquor.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
True_Metal

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Bass Assassin. Very informative. :) It did come up as possibly being an olive oil bottle before, but not confirmed as there is nothing known to compare it to that I am aware of. I can find no pictures of any other to date. Thanks again :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread