One New City, Two Hour Commute, Three Parks, Four Rings!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Invested in the two hour round round trip to a beautiful little city to the west of me. Glad I did, as the day proved fruitful. With so many detectorists living in this part of the country my expectations were low, but I soon saw no tell-tale signs of recent detecting anywhere. By the end of the day, I had about $13.00 in clad for charity, plus:

A Carlos E. Queso token and St. Louis Zoo token
aurora5.jpg

A detachment of Navy Sea Bees ready to move some earth
aurora4.JPG

Four rings that made my day!
aurora1.JPG

Including a class ring like one I have never seen before, with no school mentioned. It is engraved with the young lady's name (an unusual spelling) which I was quickly able to find on social media. She lives about 15 minutes from me and I will make the return this week, God willing! This ring is manufactured by Jostens and hallmarked, and from what I can tell by the Jostens website, it is a silver alloy known as their proprietary "Silver Elite" metal. So it counts!
aurora2.JPG

Among the rings was one alloy ring marked "Partners in Crime," and an omnipresent "bad mood" ring. The other beautiful wedding band rang up a 48 on the ATPro, but it is not magnetic. It is marked "Real Love" with a half of a heart design, so when you put it next to the other ring from the matching set, it makes the "whole heart." Probably just Stainless steel but it is really shiny! It is not hallmarked.
aurora3.JPG

Thank you for peeking, my friends. That winds up the month of July with 37 rings for the treasure box, and about $108.00 in clad for charity. Happy Hunting to all! Sub 8-)

Last edited:
Upvote 10

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt congrats on finding the owner on the class ring, I found four class ring this yr and return two of them

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The grass is "sometimes" actually greener, ain't it. ;)

Looks like a good venture to me!

WTG!

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Four rings out of the dirt any day is good. Congrats on the class ring and hope the return is successful.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice to see you get out away from the local sites Sub. It sure paid off. No cheezy kid jewelry today, but maybe a cheezy token. Congrats on a great day digging, I love the bling. :occasion14:

Maybe I need to pay more attention to mid tones? I have only dug 3 gold items in 2.5 years. :dontknow:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That hunt was well worth the 2 hour ride. I go a lot further for those results which look fun to me.
Congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread