one nice point, one not sure about.

captain redbeard

Mar 19, 2015
Cayuga county, New York
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out a little today. Found a nice point and what I believe to be some type of point/blade. The base looks busted on the small one, but it looks to have been reworked at the base. The other looks to be some kind of quartz, but not entirely sure. It stuck out because it looked like a point and when I picked it up it sure seemed to be just from the beveled edges and shape. It wasn't entirely "smooth", but I don't think many points of that type are. Would like to know if that is indeed a point of some type.
today.jpg today6.jpg

here are some other POV of them

toady7.jpg today1.jpg today2.jpg today3.jpg today4.jpg today5.jpg today8.jpg today9.jpg

Thanks for looking and any information provided :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good question on the one that looks broken. If it is a whole point it has a nice spokeshave on it. Rough looking material

OP
OP
captain redbeard

captain redbeard

Mar 19, 2015
Cayuga county, New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea, I found it laying flat which had the point look to it and when I picked it up The edges seemed pretty definitive, but wasn't sure because of the roughness. Where the indent is seems to have been worked though its a pretty definitive edge.

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your nice point! As for the other piece, the quartzy materials can make the ID difficult, but in several of your pictures it sure looks like an artifact.

OP
OP
captain redbeard

captain redbeard

Mar 19, 2015
Cayuga county, New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. I hear you mark, something about it to me seems like an artifact. I leaning more towards a knife by the way the "indented" part was reworked, but hard to say with the roughness of the stone. the texture is rough, but the edges are pretty darn sharp.

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
The complete one looks like Normanskill Chert. The other almost looks like granite.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread