One of My Best Days Ever- Gold, Diamonds, Silver, Cash, IPhone, T&Co, RayBan etc...

Detectorinator

Dec 27, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of My Best Days Ever- Gold, Diamonds, Silver, Cash, IPhone, T&Co, RayBan etc...

Updated 9/4/13- see new post below for how I got $142 for the water damaged IPhone...

I had a marathon 8 hour hunt today and found just about everything. I will try and upload a couple of GoPro shots of some of the finds when I get a chance but here are the pics. I found the following coins:
Dollar Coins: 3
Quarters- 27
Dimes- 22
Nickels- 2
Cents- 30 (Including a 1944 Wheatie
I also found a 5C coin from Equador

For the first time ever I found a bill larger than $1. I was walking near shore and saw a $20 bill floating in the waves. There was nobody with 50 yards of me so I easily snatched it up.

I found 2 silver rings, 1 silver earring, and a T&Co .925 silver bracelet (the bracelet broke but I think I have all of the pieces). If anyone knows anything about this bracelet please let me know. I couldn't find anything online.

I found an iPhone (which I hear is worth a few bucks on Ebay-even damaged), and 2 pairs of RayBan sunglasses that are not in the best shape.

Now to the best stuff. It was my first ever 4 gold day. I found a 3.85 gram 14K gold wedding band, a 3.23 gram 14K gold wedding band with 3 small diamonds (tested real), a 2.12 gram 18k gold earring, and a 6.39 gram 14k gold ring. It was a workout but it was fun. I usually don't post photos of the junk I dig since I throw it away while cleaning my stuff but figured it would be appropriate to show how much work goes into finding the good stuff. I think I have gopro video of me finding the T&Co bracelet and one of the rings. The battery died for the rest of the stuff. I'll try to upload a short video in a day or so. Happy Hunting! IMG_0762.JPG
IMG_0773.JPG
IMG_0772.JPG
IMG_0774.JPG IMG_0775.JPG IMG_0763.JPG IMG_0776.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Nice pile of yellow you got there!! Nice 8 hr work shift. Lol. Maybe you should do a double shift next time. Haha. Cheers!

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wow what a day, you worked hard for the gold, you can tell from all the finds in the photo's... Nice gold and silver.... those are the kind of days you will remember!

Cliff

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You put the swings in and it paid off. Nice!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt and one heckuva nice pile of treasure...look forward to the video...congrats.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a day!! No need for health club memberships. You got a lot of exercise.

coinbug

Jul 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher Goldbug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your finds are unbelievable!!!

Last edited:

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Ya done good there fella ! I was out yesterday from 8am to 7PM with 4 hours in the water. Got 3 bucks, mostly quarters, and 3 junk ear rings. It's great to see anyone pulling up as much as you did. Congrats

OP
OP
D

Detectorinator

Dec 27, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Updated 8/12/13
I finally got around to adding the video...

fredinbelize

May 22, 2007
Huntington Beach,CA
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Whites Surf PI Pro
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
The great thing is that this was your best day ever...so far!
Well done, my hat's off to you.
:occasion14:

OP
OP
D

Detectorinator

Dec 27, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The great thing is that this was your best day ever...so far!
Well done, my hat's off to you.
:occasion14:

Thanks Fred. I appreciate it! It wasn't my best in terms of value of items found but it was the best as far as quantity and variety of items found. These are the really fun hunts when you actually believe you are going to find something good at any minute based on the area you are in and the finds you are seeing falling into your scoop. Nothing like it!

OP
OP
D

Detectorinator

Dec 27, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATED 9/4/13- So I went to Usell.com and put the info for the Iphone I found to see what I could get for it. The highest offer was from GUZU which was offering $142 for the Iphone 4s I found that would not turn on due to saltwater damage. I was skeptical this would work but what did I have to lose. I filled out the form and they sent me a self addressed envelope to send the phone in. I mailed it on 8/26/13 and got an email today telling me they had transferred the $142 to my Palpal account. That was awesome! The phone ended up being more valuable than many of the gold rings I found that day. I never would have guessed...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread