One of my Best Finds- 31 caliber Bullet Mold

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
To start the new year off Buckleboy invited a couple of other tnet members to come down to Louisiana to do a little digging in the sugarcane fields. I was unable to join them all on the first day but on the 2nd day I met up with BB, Vol1266X and Dman for a day of muddy boots and coil swinging. We did some rows where the previous day had given up a near complete spur and an old nickle. There had been some known history of CW occupation relatively close by. As usual I get aggravated pretty quick with silty clay mud that weighs 12 pounds on each boot so i opted to walk the turn row which is flat and has a bit of grass on it. It wasn't very long before i got a nice solid signal on my Cibola that i actually thought would have been a discarded can that a farmer had thrown out, I had been over this same spot before with my Cortes and probably let that screen deter me from digging. Out came this bullet mold which at first glance i somehow thought was part of a spur of some type. Walked over to BB and asked what he thought it was and he immediately seemed pretty excited so I knew i had something good. We called the other guys over and Vol1266X confirmed that it was a bullet mold and what caliber and also a little bit of history about it. I've also included a picture of how the pistol would have came with the mold and a flask. It's my understanding that soldiers often brought these along to battle as a back up pistol. This one obviously has seen a plow many times thus the bent handles.

Attachments

• 100_5388.JPG
    100_5388.JPG
    212.2 KB · Views: 327
  • 100_5397.JPG
    100_5397.JPG
    220.9 KB · Views: 315
  • janbullt.jpg
    janbullt.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 253
Upvote 1

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow!!!!! Congratulations!!!! Wow!!!!!! :occasion14: :notworthy:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest: