One of my interesting hunt sites opened yesterday, a few pics...

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The site I hunted yesterday evening and will be hunting for the next several weeks.? The farmer sprayed it with honey, argh the aroma, and flattened the field to make a nearly perfect hunting area.? Talked to the farmer as he was working the field, he gave me permission to hunt here even when the corn that will be planted is growing, wow!? Then he asked me if I could help him find his girlfriend?s ring she lost over the Winter, heck yes, a great opportunity to pay back a favor.? We will get together in a few weeks when he has more time as I explained it could take a few hours due to the situation it was lost.
47b4d828b3127cce9a8360e3814300000016108AYsWjhy5cta

7 Thimbles I?ve found over the past 6-8 hunts, found three last night all within a few feet of each other.? Wanted to think this area could have been the front door to this old farm house but the thimbles aren?t old enough, they could be earliest 1700s.? I still haven?t really found anything from this site much older than 300 years, this site is said to be 1000 years old.
47b5da33b3127cce914a42456b1600000016108AYsWjhy5cta

Two buttons, a fired musket ball and an 1875 5 Pfenning coin found last night.? My Archie friend stopped by the field for a chat, I was about done hunting so we stopped by the museum then he showed me where the road to Eger Czechoslovakia was, a business trail over 1000 years old.? It?s in front of my house, I can see it when I look out the window about 800 meters and it runs along the hill tops.? Not sure if will be a good place to hunt but I?ll probably find out this summer.? HH, Mike
47b5da33b3127cce914a4242ea2100000016108AYsWjhy5cta

Upvote 0

poolboy

Mar 27, 2005
those relics look nice!you have A good spot for sure!not far from home .good luck and H.H!

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Sounds like a great site!!!
It looks like it's already giving up some goodies...
Good Luck & keep us posted...

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW!

Looks/sounds like a great place to find more good stuff!

HH and keep us up-dated!

Lonewolfe

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
Can you speak German? I assume so since you have gotten premission from all these people...

I can't wait to get back over there...I have a good spot to hunt this summer. My mother-in-law is currently finding out about the laws concerning MDing as they apply to the region to which we are going (Hannover) !! The spot is in the middle of a village that is 700 years old, and has been host to various parties for, I hope, that entire period...including the annual Schuetzenfest every summer!

joey

Mar 27, 2005
boston, ga
Detector(s) used
discovery 1100
wow he sounds like a nice guy! wish all land owners were like him! nice finds wtg!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Best of luck on the ring and congrats on having a great area to hunt. Looking forward to your pics and posts. HH

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
WTG Mike.. how cool that is that you get to hunt in histroy rich area like that. We are all looking for coins or relics from 100-150 years ago and those are new things to you :D guess it is all just perspective. Hope you find the old gold.

Dave

N

NC Barefoot2

Miike,

That Pfenning looks to be in great shape overall. You should be proud of your recent finds. I lived in Germany for 11 years and now, looking back, wished I had done some Mding over those years. There is a lot of history over there, especially in the Bitburg, Trier, and surrounding mountain areas. Best wishes on your finds. Keep up the good work!

NC Barefoot2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread