One Of My Most Unusual Finds in 5 Years of Metal Detecting!

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I decided to go metal detecting in the woods behind my backyard where I have found many 1700's and early 1800's relics. I wasn't finding anything there, then I heard a really nice quarter signal. I dug around and inch, and saw what I thought was a blue painted piece of steel. I then pulled it out, and was surprised to see that it was a small box and in shrink wrap. I was very surprised to see that it was a Wireless laptop adapter from 2003, out in the middle of the woods and still in the box for some reason. Where there was no shrink wrap, on the opening flap, I tried to see if I could see what was inside of it. The flap almost fell apart while I was touching it, so I decided to just leave it alone. This is probably my most unusual find to date.
DSC_0078.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 10

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is kinda weird...maybe a neighborhood dog stealing and burying computers at one time......

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
may be stolen

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is definitely a weird one !! No telling what was in the box and IMHO you did good to leave it alone.

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
That is definitely a weird one !! No telling what was in the box and IMHO you did good to leave it alone.

I was thinking that too! While looking to see if I could open the flap, I could see Styrofoam that would have held the adapter in there, so I am guessing that the card is probably still in there. The signal also seems right for a card. Very odd find, especially for being in the woods.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Russians are involved.be careful. :laughing7:

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I carefully took it out, and in the little Styrofoam holder, is the adapter. It is sealed in a little bag that has never been opened, with the manual in the bottom on the compartment. I put it back after that, and didn't damage it. Strange that a brand new item like this would be in the woods, especially one that probably a good amount of money 10 years ago. I have neighbors in those woods, and you can see one of their backyards from where I found it.

30 feet away from it was a pile of extremely rotten plywood and wood trimming from a structure, maybe a previous owner of my house, or a neighbor was throwing stuff in the woods some time ago.

Last edited:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone may have stolen a computer with some accessories and they just ditched the accessory package.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread