One of the best hunts we have had so far! SC finally producing

bignadad

Mar 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and @spaced45 had a great day hunting in south carolina today! Our most productive so far.

We met up with a local farmer that owns about 8,000 acres and he gave us access to 4 different locations. 2 of them used to have houses and 1 of them still has a house still on it and the last the farmer actually lived in.
We had been to the one with the house still on it last weekend and i posted pics of our finds on this site. We found many pennies and a few wheat pennies.
The ones that didn't have houses on them were somewhat productive. The trick was to overlay aerials from 1966 onto current maps in google earth. After getting the overlayed images just right we drew shapes on where we saw structures. Then we exported the kmz files and opened them up on my tablet. So while we were out today i could open google earth and get my current location and view the shapes on the map. That told us exactly where the stuctures and roads out. it was very helpful. I included images of that below.

So yesterday we went to the house the farmer lived in. We found quite a few pennies and dimes, a quarter, nickel and other misc stuff.
The big find (that i thought at the time) was something i posted yesterday. A Elizabeth II Regina coin. Well, after taking a closer look it was not real :( just decorative jewelry that was tin. I still don't understand how that got out there though. Pictures of his house and coin/jewelry pictured below.

We today was a good day!
Found more pennies, wheat pennies (one was the best condition we had found and pictured below), a red piece of jewelry, flat button?, civil war bullet?, sniper bullet?, mercury dime and 2 shillings.

Can anyone confirm what the following are?
a red piece of jewelry
flat button
civil war bullet
sniper bullet

Have to take a break for the next couple weeks but hope to be back soon!

1.JPG
2.JPG

3.JPG
4.JPG

6.JPG
7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG
11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

15.JPG

16.JPG
17.JPG

19.JPG

Upvote 1

pug

May 14, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice group of finds

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice finds congrats HH

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks good, you missed silver by 2 years on the Florin (two shillings)!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread