One of the nicer pieces I've found in quite a while...

PinchedDreamer

Feb 11, 2017
Clark County Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. I hope the week has treated you well, but if not just keep telling yourself that it's Friday and it's almost over, lol.
Went out hunting early yesterday morning to try and avoid the heat as much as possible. Got distracted early when I crossed paths with a friend of mine who was on a walk and we ended up chatting for almost an hour. By the time he left, it was already closing in on 95°, and I hadn't even made it half a mile from my house. Decided to stick close by and check out a couple of areas that I haven't given much attention to. Found a few full pockets worth of some stunning breccias, crystals, and rocks showing some very nice dendritic patterns on them. 9:15 am and my alarm informs me that it's time to start heading back. I decide to take a different route back than the one I took on my way into the area so that I could continue to search new material instead of stuff I've already searched. Get to the outer boundary of my search area, and happened upon a small handful of pieces that made this morning trip a success in my opinion.
Here's a few pics of my favorite. Appears to be quite recent. Completely crusted with a very nice, smooth texture. Lots of small flow lines, and some very well formed regmaglypts. A few small grains of silvery, shiny metal show when hit by light, and the entire piece has a silvery sheen that can be observed as it is viewed from an angle under good light.
Hope you enjoy the pics, as well as your weekend! IMG_20200529_141513169.jpg IMG_20200529_141525966.jpg IMG_20200529_141550766.jpg IMG_20200529_141819535.jpg

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Looks a whole lot like stuff I have found that I'm pretty sure aren't meteorites. I sure hope it is and would LOVE to hear how you determine the fact.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks a whole lot like stuff I have found that I'm pretty sure aren't meteorites. I sure hope it is and would LOVE to hear how you determine the fact.

Me too!

Even allowing for the poor focus on the pictures, those don't look like regmaglypts and I see no flow lines or any other sign of orientation. The metal flecks we'll have to take your word for. is it magnetic... and if so, how strongly? Have you tried a streak test?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread