One Pace for 102 Silver Coins This Year

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hey everyone!

Haven't been getting out as much as I like and the few hunts I have been on haven't been too successful. My friend and I are at his grandma's cabin in the South Puget Sound a couple hours from Seattle. We painted her house here almost 10 years ago and found a few old coins in our free time in the evenings. (http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/141703-bullet-shells-some-oldie-coins.html)

We are back for the weekend to get away and packed the detectors again. We tried a couple new sites this morning that were a bust but went back to the picnic site where we found the old coins last time and it worked out.

Pretty quickly I got the 1911 V Nickel. A couple minutes later I scored the 1918-D Merc (#51 FTY). It was quiet for almost an hour and then right near when we were packing out I got the 1899 Indian. So awesome!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1530416905.278030.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1530417188.717193.jpg

Hoping to sneak in a little more hunting in the morning before packing out and heading home

Good luck and happy hunting all!
-W

Upvote 23
OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Just realized "On" autocorrected to "One" in my thread title. Can't change it unfortunately :/

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice old coin shooting! :occasion14:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hope you hit your quota. Congrats

mikeinOC1

Jul 3, 2006
Orange County CA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Minelab Excalibur, Fisher CZ21
I been following your posts for a while. You are still killing it. I wish i could find more coin sliver down here. Nice to see you are finding so much in Wa. I think all the long timers down here cleaned out most of the public areas long ago so maybe its time to try and get some private property permissions going down this way

Last edited:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
You are all over it man! Just one short year ago, 100 silver coins seemed like like an impossible goal. Congrats on making it happen.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on some awesome finds, keep swinging for the century!:icon_thumleft:

Metal Headz

Sep 18, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are killing it this year! I hope you do reach 100+ fty, that would be a great achievement.

OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
I been following your posts for a while. You are still killing it. I wish i could find more coin sliver down here. Nice to see you are finding so much in Wa. I think all the long timers down here cleaned out most of the public areas long ago so maybe its time to try and get some private property permissions going down this way

Hey Mike,

It's been a challenge but there are still spots. Here's where it's come together for me:
-A well frequented private spot that became public this year with lots of history
-Lots of sidewalk strips/yard permissions
-A long forgotten beach that hasn't been hit too hard

The west coast is very difficult but it's still out there with some work, courage, and luck. Hope you get some more soon!

OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
You are all over it man! Just one short year ago, 100 silver coins seemed like like an impossible goal. Congrats on making it happen.

You are absolutely correct. Lots of hard work, luck, be courage to get to this point. Hoping to hit the century mark this year but I think the second half is going to be even more difficult because of time constraints. Worth trying. Thanks for all the love CT!

OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
You are killing it this year! I hope you do reach 100+ fty, that would be a great achievement.

Thanks MH! Blows my mind how some people hit 200 or 300+. I'm giving it everything I've got. Hopefully this is the year!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions