One quarter

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Pretty morning this morning. Not too cold, just right for hunting. I put on my clothes and didn't forget my "lucky pulltab" necklace this morning. LOL I went to a local park and started hunting. Nothing in the tot lot. Nothing at all. Not even a penny! Went on to the ball field and this morning I decided instead of wandering all over the place I would pick one small area and really grid it well. My machine was getting a little erratic and it suddenly dawned on me why.... well mumszie.... check the batteries! Yep, my batteries were low... very low. What do you learn when you first start hunting? Check your batteries before you start and always carry spares. DUH! I didn't. This is the second time I've done that this year and you would think I would learn. Guess my head is thicker than I thought. So it brought my hunting time a little shorter than I wanted but I still managed to find ONE quarter. 3 dimes, 14 pennies and a couple pieces of junk jewelry. 2 medallions.

MoneyandJunk112408.jpg

One is a park medallion and rather large, about the size of a silver dollar.

Parkmedallion112408.jpg

The other is a sun medallion and very small. It is about the size of a dime. I am calling it a medallion but I think it is a cheap decoration that was probably stuck on a purse or jacket or something. It isn't a charm with a hole for a chain. The gold is peeling off the back.

sunmedallion112408.jpg

No matter. It was still a good find for me.

All in all I ended up with a whopping 69 cents. WOW! It's ok. I'm happy. I'll take it. :wink:

Upvote 0

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
doggone it we are gonna have to duct tape extra batteries someplace so you don't forget them! lol Glad you did get to go out and spend some time detecting though! Hey.....replace those batteries, would ya?! :thumbsup: ~hugs~

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
One quarter leads to another. Keep swinging.

P

Pentico

There are more quarters out there, you have one out of the way.
Glad you could get out and swing.

Denver

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
nice job on the finds! Keep up the hunting! You will find silver and gold soon! I predict its in your future! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread