One rock from my collection.

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took this rock to a geologist at a college and he looked at it and could not tell me what it was but said it was worth a pretty penny. Also said it was one big crystal but would not tell me what the blue green was in it. Did not ask for money but I guess that is what it would take for me to know. Thanks for looking. From rock collection Sep 27 2014 041.JPG From rock collection Sep 27 2014 048.JPG This rock weighs about 21 lbs.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
It's good to see you posting again. I don't recall seeing a new thread by you for a long time.

I'm certainly interested in your rock finds as I'm up the holler looking at all kinds of rocks and know nothing about them.

Keep the faith and keep finding beautiful rocks! Sooner or later the bell will go off in my brain and I'll realize that maybe there's something in my creek which merits a great big smile!

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good to see you posting again!

How could he know its worth a pretty penny without knowing the mineral? Sounds odd to me.
It looks like several minerals. Flourite seems likely, seeing a few cubes. Quartz might also be in there.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DeepseekerADS I have been off of here for a while. Its good to see you are still here. Did not do much digging this summer but found a few. Maybe I will post more.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see you are still here Eu. I guess it is as you say that Geologists are a little wacke.

Upvote 0

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see why you dragged it back home. Seems more like a fused conglomeration of crystals but has great character and subtle colors. Got alot of stuff that I can't figure out but what the hey. Good to see ya about.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DDancer its good to hear from you. This rock was found by my wife as we were digging a embankment and it had fell out of the bank and I looked around and she was loading it in the truck so I had it easy on that deal.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's good to see you posting again. I don't recall seeing a new thread by you for a long time.

I'm certainly interested in your rock finds as I'm up the holler looking at all kinds of rocks and know nothing about them.

Keep the faith and keep finding beautiful rocks! Sooner or later the bell will go off in my brain and I'll realize that maybe there's something in my creek which merits a great big smile!

I thank you and I hope you find that great treasure you are looking for DeepseekerADS.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions