One single rose for you! Plus a few.

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
The weather has been abusive oon the flowers this year. We had some real heavy rains that knocked the petals off of alot of the flowers, but this guy will be even prettier shortly. Maybe I'll post more than the rose? Ok the fruit trees are doing real well, we also have plumb, and apple trees, but here are the fuzzy peaches and the perfect pears. Day lilly for a bonus.

Attachments

• post pics 006.JPG
    post pics 006.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 199
  • post pics 005.JPG
    post pics 005.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 194
  • post pics 003.JPG
    post pics 003.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 188
  • post pics 004.JPG
    post pics 004.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 195
  • post pics 007.JPG
    post pics 007.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 174

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love red roses but not on in my flower bed, think it has to do with some thorny experiences I had as a kid! :o
Nice photo of the rose, but I am impressed with the Seckel Pears, mine look horrible and woody, yours look like they are going to be perfect and super sweet, ah , yes, my favorite pear to snack on.

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
gypsyheart said:
Nice grapes..... :D :D :D
You are loving that new camera arent you....very nice pics :)

Those grapes are just for you girl!

Yes I really do enjoy it, even the Hubby says "You should get a shot of this and that"

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Don in SJ said:
Love red roses but not on in my flower bed, think it has to do with some thorny experiences I had as a kid! :o
Nice photo of the rose, but I am impressed with the Seckel Pears, mine look horrible and woody, yours look like they are going to be perfect and super sweet, ah , yes, my favorite pear to snack on.

Do you grow cukes Don? :D

I couldn't believe it when everyone was saying thier fruit trees were doing nothing, mine are having thier best year yet? The plumb tree will bear it's first fruits in 3 years ???. Ty like the peaches the best, I think it's the juices that run down his chin onto his shirt :D.

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Beautiful rose CG...are those what we used to call "sickle pears"? haven't had those in many years.

Guess I need to clean my glasses cause I've been looking for the past 10 minutes for Gypsy's grapes :-\.

Don: Now the ladies say we have to eat those prickly things on cukes to keep from pooting :o

PS...love the colors in the lily ;D

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CG asked:
Do you grow cukes Don?

Earlier this Spring I converted the sandbox I made for my grandson into a mini-garden box for him, his own square foot garden. :) He planted one Sweet Potato, one Cherry Tomato Plant and some Cantelope seeds (from a Cantelope,LOL, just blossoms, no fruit setting) and Cucumbers.

The Cucumbers evidently liked the top soil I put in and the 4 inch playground sand base, since they grew like wildfire and in the past week I believe my Grandson has picked about a dozen nice cukes, which he loves.

I used to have a nice sized garden where the pictured Bee Balm plants are now, but that was away from the house and the deer wrecked havoc on that garden, so I gave up and built a raised brick garden next to the patio and now at least we have tomatoes with no deer damage.

I went outside specially to photograph my Seckel Pears and lo and behold the Tree Rats (Squirrels) picked them all during this heat wave! Not a one left on the tree.

However, to help pollinate the Seckel I have a Royal Duchess (similar to a Bartlett Pear) tree next to the Seckel and the Squirrels so far have missed this one branch, but I am sure they are next to go.......

Don

Attachments

• Yardreduced.jpg
    Yardreduced.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 184

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
great shots! I am with Ty though....LOVE the peaches! :D Tell him to save some for me! ;)

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Don those pears just may make it by the looks, unless your critters get them, are you sure it's not the deer? I'd actually be kinda happy to catch a deer eating my pears, got that great camera. :D

Now the grandson can grow a great garden, those cukes look great. Give him an atta boy from us will you?

Wes, you'll have to be checking some posts to find those grapes, ummm pears, ummm......you'll just have to figure it out ;D.

Sis, you'll have to come and get them, all you can eat, Ty shares ;).

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
and here I thought you were coming out here to get some kabobs! ::) We will figure it out sooner or later! ;)

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Since this is CG's post I hate to take away from her but.......Great pics Don...and some nice looking cukes!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread