One swing makes the day worthwhile!!

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab ETrac & Tesoro Silver UMax
I picked up Jeff of PA at 10:00 today to return to the church grove he and DJM of PA hunted yesterday. The first two hours produced two wheats for me and little for Jeff. I spent the first two hours hunting the woods around the grove while Jeff was hunting the front and side lawn of the church. After taking a break I decided to join Jeff and went to the opposite side of the church lawn. I walked about 15 minutes along an un-mowed grass field at the edge of the lawn when I got a solid 10-45 on the Etrac. Although not a "classic" silver signal it was solid and the machine said 8" so a definite signal to dig.

The E was about right on with the depth and the first thing I saw in the hole was "one dime"....I was thinking Barber and got a nice surprise when I turned it over and saw the lady. I dropped my headphones and whistled and waved at Jeff....a modified happy dance followed as I met him halfway across the lawn.

Here she is, my third seated dime in 6 years of detecting, an 1875;

Weishample seated.JPG

The reverse is showing more wear than the front;

Weishample seated 2.JPG

HH

Dave

Upvote 0
OP
OP
DKinPA

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab ETrac & Tesoro Silver UMax
Thanks for all the comments folks!!

Den, we can only hope we all missed more than this one!! I wouldn't mind laying a grid on that front lawn and working it from two directions just to be sure!!

As far as a mint error, I can't find anything referring to an error or a common weak strike anywhere on line for the 1875. I did however, find a very nice site for seated dime errors; http://www.seateddimevarieties.com/

Thanks again!!

Dave

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting