One week with the X-Terra Pro.

The Lonely Explorer

Tenderfoot
Oct 13, 2023
As a relative intermediate in this hobby, I'll start off by saying I don't know much about jack squat.

But what I do know is that this thing absolute needs a different coil. The stock 12" coil is just flat-out too big for this thing in the trash ridden parks and woods I hunt. It also seems to be a little unstable. I've dug 10-20 quarters with this thing so far, and not any really felt the same when they rang up. After reading and searching forums, I am gonna give the equinox 6" coil a chance to bring this detector to where it deserves to be.
I am completely happy with the xtp. I think with a new coil it can be beast.

aShardOfHistory

Oct 14, 2023
Essex UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deus 2
As a relative intermediate in this hobby, I'll start off by saying I don't know much about jack squat.

But what I do know is that this thing absolute needs a different coil. The stock 12" coil is just flat-out too big for this thing in the trash ridden parks and woods I hunt. It also seems to be a little unstable. I've dug 10-20 quarters with this thing so far, and not any really felt the same when they rang up. After reading and searching forums, I am gonna give the equinox 6" coil a chance to bring this detector to where it deserves to be.
I am completely happy with the xtp. I think with a new coil it can be beast.
Only things that rang up different for me have been bullet casings so far.

Yes the coil is fairly big but it’s meant to be an all rounded for newer detectorists so don’t expect a gold nugget coil on a £280 machine.

I have used mine in heavy iron (pinpointer won’t stop sounding in some areas) and have pulled out small coins and buttons. Even gold and silver coins.

I think you need to be realistic with what you get for the value. It’s easy to criticise something that doesn’t meet your specific needs but think how many people would prefer the extra depth vs finer finds in extreme trash? I’ve only found 3 places where it’s insanely trashy and it’s doing great.

Using the deus 2 to grid the same area got me like 8 finds on a 10x50m zone and a few bits of trash that I thought I won’t dig with the terra but sounded too interesting with the deus

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread