Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out this AM and tried the wet sand with no luck. Water looked not too rough so I put on my shortie and tried my luck. About 1/2 hr. in the hunt the weather changed and got rough with swift currents. After getting beat half to death by the waves and current I got a good target which turned out to be a 14 Kt. 3.9gr. white gold band.

Attachments

• lucky.jpg
    lucky.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 533
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the water turns rough it is time to get out and you scored with a nice ring. :thumbsup:

D

digum smacks

when the water gets rough you need to hop on in there all that sand moving uncovers the gold,no need to worry about getting beat up the gold will make you forget about that :tongue3:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
snooksion2 said:
when the water gets rough you need to hop on in there all that sand moving uncovers the gold,no need to worry about getting beat up the gold will make you forget about that :tongue3:

Some guys won't know an undertow till they are swept out to deeper water is why I said to get out. Also a good reason to not attach the scoop to you.

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave is much tougher than I am... He will hunt the NASTIEST stuff, and maybe I would if it werent for my horrible back.. I just cant take getting slammed around, it takes the fun out of it... And although I can use extra $$, I am still in this for fun..

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should wear a dress because with my knees I have trouble with stair steps and I hate to think what a rough wave would do to me at my age. :laughing7:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
congrats Les! I got hardly anything when I was down this month...only one small toe ring, junk

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Alrighty then!

The surf has been kinda rough these days, but there's no doubt it may be churning up some good stuff.

Keep at if you can! :icon_thumleft:

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
snooksion2 said:

Give me the same answer 30 years from now :hello2: :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions