Ongoing Results - 4/2 - 4/15 (My first Franklins!)

gotgot

Dec 29, 2008
In this period, 3 Boxes halves and one box of pennies.

I had identified a "working class town" about 20 miles from me that I figured might be a good candidate to pull half boxes from about 2 months ago. Since I started pulling from there, I have seen a night-and-day comparison with my home town's finds. Of course it is difficult for me to justify driving 20 miles out of my way for coins so the Mrs and I have tried to arrange some of our "entertainment" activities i.e. movies or restaurants, to go to that town and I can pick up my boxes along the way :) I am envious of those who do not account for nor are concerned about fuel costs for road tripping! I obsess over the smallest thing sadly and always calculate if it would be cheaper to buy my silver on ebay etc. rather than hunt for it. Luckily my life already has incorporated into it a drive to a town about 70 miles away every week, so my dump banks are all in another Brinks district lol.

So I open the 2nd of the two boxes I pulled from town #2 and I see that Liberty Bell peeking out from one of the rolls...my heart stopped. Frantic search for camera...where the hell is it now I must find it!!! After about an hour I gave up and just attacked the rolls. Later on that night my wife helped me find the camera (again) and I have pix as per below, of the total find, but none of that special roll-end :)

I had only found 1 90%er since January before these two boxes. My local box was a skunk of course but no worries!! I am on a CRH high!! Now I can start to hope for a Walker some day too.

note the 52-D was the one on the roll end. That nice 63 in the pix was in the middle of another roll in the box.

other note - someone must be hunting wheats and/or copper in my area as I have never seen a completely wheat-less box before, and copper yield was low for recent standards (about 22%)

HALVES:

BOX 1: 18 40%ers (65, 4x66, 8x67, 5x68-D), 2 NIFCs (03-D, 05-P)
BOX 2: 4 90%ers (52-D, 63, 2x64) 10 40%ers (2x65, 4x66, 3x67, 68-D) 1 NIFC (03-D)
BOX 3: Skunk

PENNIES:

BOX 1: No wheats at all!!! Copper yield ~22%

Attachments

• 2009_APRIL_4_BOX_1_modified.JPG
    2009_APRIL_4_BOX_1_modified.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 238
  • 2009_APRIL_4_BOX_2.JPG_modified.JPG
    2009_APRIL_4_BOX_2.JPG_modified.JPG
    179.7 KB · Views: 247
Upvote 0

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think about this way, If you find one 90% coin, the gas will be covered. Unless you are driving a Humvee for 5 miles a gallon, then you need 4 90%. So go to next town once a week and get 2 boxes each time until you deplete the stock.

OP
OP
gotgot

gotgot

Dec 29, 2008
Yinzi50 said:
Think about this way, If you find one 90% coin, the gas will be covered. Unless you are driving a Humvee for 5 miles a gallon, then you need 4 90%. So go to next town once a week and get 2 boxes each time until you deplete the stock.

You know I appreciate that thought.
I have an econobox so a dollar gets me about 13 - 15 miles.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions