Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

davebien

Feb 5, 2008
DuPage County, IL
Detector(s) used
DFX and now a new Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Re: Only one day left for diggin' this year

I think I'll wait until the snow melts a bit and school is back in so I don't get run over by a raindeer sledder. :laughing7:

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star

HNY, Tim! :occasion16:

I can't wait for nicer weather in the new year for a good fresh start to the season!

Heck, I'll even take crappy weather as long as some of this snow goes away...

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used

C'mon Neil, if you wait until this afternoon the temps start-a-fallin'! Dem bones could use this snow removal practice! We got over a foot in our yard.

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used

Hey Joe, Mark, would like to say it was fun but....

If you guys get back there where we were today can you check around for one or two of my toes?

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lowbatts said:

If you guys get back there where we were today can you check around for one or two of my toes?

Happy New Year.................

davebien

Feb 5, 2008
DuPage County, IL
Detector(s) used
DFX and now a new Minelab Explorer SE Pro

I heard that its cold outside. New MD or not I may not leave the warmth of the house until maybe mid-July. I'm getting too old for this cold stuff.

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS

Lowbatts said:

Tim,

Yeah, I'll go back and try to find your lost toes while I'm searching fort the damn screw and wing nut for the arm support that fell off the detector, effectively rendering it useless until I can get a replacement at Lowes.

It was good to get out, and to see you guys, but that's about the extent of it, lol. Too much snow there, but enough old finds to warrant a future outing there. I think I'm done with these snow hunts this winter, at least the ones that produce the amount of mud I was covered in yesterday. Man, that hot shower felt good...

Joe

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used

Sorry to hear about that Joe. I suppose we could do a spring hardware hunt there! If not Ace may be the place.

That was an awesome big clump of impacted bullets you found. If I remember right the last time I was at that site I gave up and moved on after digging way too many spent 9mm shell casings in that area. Seems someone had a burp gun on a sandbag at the spot.

Had to run out, low blood sugar had me going shaky and that and cold doesn't bode well. Wanted to show you some of the tins I brought along for show and tell.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread