worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
The only wildlife I saw mowing from 6-10 this morning was this guy who always lands in the same tree and watches me.

I'll be going back late afternoon for a little picnic with my Wife,maybe some good shots waiting.

K1024_DSCN3509.JPG

GOD Bless

Chris

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice pic WT. I hope your picnic is a great one.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
What kind of hawk is that? I remember we called them all either "Chicken Hawks," or "Red Tail Hawks," like it made a difference. I used to watch the osprey catch fish out of the log pond, they would fly off and turn the fish so it's head first while they are flying along.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
What kind of hawk is that? I remember we called them all either "Chicken Hawks," or "Red Tail Hawks," like it made a difference. I used to watch the osprey catch fish out of the log pond, they would fly off and turn the fish so it's head first while they are flying along.

Red Tail for sure.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a big hawk on the ground in a open space just off the road as I was driving by. He must have just got something as his wings were blanketed over it and I saw the hawk's talons reach out and grab something that was trying to slip away from it's grip on it. I couldn't see what the hawk had and couldn't pull over to watch due to traffic behind me, plus I only had a phone for a camera. I'm thinking the way the hawk was struggling to hang out to it, it most likely was a bull snake it had just scored?.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I saw a big hawk on the ground in a open space just off the road as I was driving by. He must have just got something as his wings were blanketed over it and I saw the hawk's talons reach out and grab something that was trying to slip away from it's grip on it. I couldn't see what the hawk had and couldn't pull over to watch due to traffic behind me, plus I only had a phone for a camera. I'm thinking the way the hawk was struggling to hang out to it, it most likely was a bull snake it had just scored?.

Call it whatever,to him it was ...............LUNCH!:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions