ONLY THING WORSE THAN GETTING A SILVERLESS BOX...

schramm

Dec 25, 2006
I WENT TO A BANK TODAY THAT I USED TO FREQUENT OFTEN BUT HADN'T BEEN TO IN A WHILE AND HAD THE WORST-MAKE YOU FEEL SICK-EXPERIENCES THERE.

I WENT TO THE MERCHANT TELLER AS I ALWAYS DID AT THIS PARTICULAR BRANCH BECAUSE THE LINE FOR THE REGULAR TELLERS IS ALWAYS TO LONG AND THEY RARELY HAVE ANY HALVES.

SO I AM 3RD IN LINE AND PATIENTLY WAIT MY TURN.I ASK THE TELLER IF SHE HAD ANY HALVES OR FULL ROLLS THAT I COULD BUY-SHE SAYS THEY DONT HAVE ANY AND THAT A CUSTOMER HAD BOUGHT ALL THEY HAD IN THE MORNING-NO PROB-IT HAPPENS SO I GLANCE OVER AT HER COIN TRAY AND SEE SEVERAL HALVES SITTING THERE AND I SAY OK HERE'S A $20 I'LL BUY THOSE LOOSE ONES RIGHT THERE-SHE SAY'S THOSE ARE HERS AND I CAN'T GET ANY OF THEM AND FURTHER GOES ON TO SAY THAT THIS IS ONE OF THE PERKS OF HER JOB TO GO THROUGH ROLLS CUSTOMERS BRING AND PULL OUT THE SILVER FOR HERSELF >:(.

SO TO THAT I SAID WELL WHAT DO YOU GET FOR THE THEM WHEN YOU SELL THEM?I'LL GIVE YOU MORE THAN FACE FOR THEM RIGHT NOW-SHE SAYS THEY'RE NOT AVAILABLE FOR ANY PRICE WITH A GRIN FROM EAR TO EAR >:(.

SO BY THIS POINT I GET THE PICTURE AND DECIDE TO POLITELY BACK AWAY AND GO ABOUT MY BUSINESS.

SHE SAY'S TO ME ARE YOU GOING TO ASK THE OTHER TELLERS IF THEY HAVE ANY?AND BEING POLITE AND NAIVE I SAY YES-SHE SAY'S,OH WELL YOU DON'T NEED TO BOTHER THEM I'LL WALK TO EACH OF THEM AND GET THEM FOR YOU.SO I STAND AND WAIT FOR HER TO RETURN WITH 6 ROLLS FROM VARIOUS TELLERS-I SEE THEM IN HER HANDS AND I SET $60 DOLLARS ON THE COUNTER AND HOLD MY HANDS OUT-WELL YOU GUESSED IT-SHE SAT THERE AND WENT THROUGH EVERY ROLL IN FRONT OF ME >:(.

AFTER 4 ROLLS OF NOTHING BUT CLAD SHE OPENS THE 5TH AND IT HAD 3 64'S AND THEN SHE OPENED THE 6TH AND IT WAS ALL FRANKLINS EXCEPT FOR 1 64.

SHE THEN SAID I COULD BY THE CLAD ROLLS AND THE PARTIAL ROLL THAT HAD THE 64'S. ???.

AT THAT POINT I FELT ILL LIKE I WAS GOING TO LOSE MY LUNCH AND DIDN'T EVEN FEEL WELL ENOUGH TO TALK TO THE MANAGER,I JUST LEFT AND DIDN'T GO TO THE OTHER 5 BANKS I WAS PLANNING TO GO TO AFTER IT.

I AM JUST NOW FEELING UP TO TRYING SOME DINNER 8:30P.M.

SO WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS HAVE DONE?WOULD YOU DO ANYTHING TOMORROW?I AM AT A TOTAL LOSS...SCHRAMM...

Upvote 0

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE SunRay X-1
Wow >:( >:( >:(

Thats ridiculous. A possible manager discussion may have gotten you what you asked for.
They cant hardly "not" sell you coins, that are sitting there in a bank and available.

I guess who knows what could have happened, but Im pretty sure Id have threw a fit at
someone. Not because of the silver either... but the morality of the situation. Sure, she
can search all she wants.. job perk. But that specific scenario is a bit much, and probably
isnt acceptable bank employee behavior. Call and complain !

What do the rest of you think ? Im still thinking "Wow".

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I would've talked to the manager myself, that was over the top. I believe she may have even violated a law of banking by NOT selling you the halves at face value....

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Oh you better believe I would have gone to the bank manager that very instant! She was RUDE and had no right to do that to you. If she wants to search rolls of coins that come in when she has time and no one is standing right in front of her window then fine. I have NEVER had a teller bring back rolls from the other tellers and open them up in front of me and do that. If they had, I would have told them how ignorant,rude and childish they were. Then I would have made a scene talking to the manager. I won't take any more crap from bank employees!

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that's completely unacceptable! Her going thru your rolls is not only inappropriate and inconsiderate of your time (and the people behind you waiting in line) but it's downright humiliating!! Where do the ballsy tellers get off playing games like this? You want to search half dollar rolls on your own time honey, fine. But when someone buy rolls you have no right searching them in front of me.

There are enough hunters out there that someone will eventually say something and this behavior will stop.

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one teller search for the 1964's in front of me.

She told me she saved all halves from her birth year.

I would have thoght she was searching for silver, but she had to look at the date on each one so I am guessing she didn't know.

Since she only had $5 worth and sold me the 2 40% she had I wasn't about to complain.

Regarding your situation, if I had an account there I would have definitely complained.

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch, that was pretty bad....

HH
-GC

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Definitely worth talking to the manager and possibly filing a complaint with the corporation as well. The first word that comes to my mind is B**ch. Her actions were childish and unprofessional as well. When you speak to the manager, tell him you are closing all of your accounts because of this action. Some institutions will terminate an employee if their actions "cause loss of income to the institution". You as a customer do not need to be belittled and have money searched before you get it.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeffro said:
I would've talked to the manager myself, that was over the top. I believe she may have even violated a law of banking by NOT selling you the halves at face value....
I think you might be right.Not to mention the halves she said were hers were in the change tray in plain view.

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Most definitely. I would have demanded to speak with the bank manager before she even opened the first roll.

The nerve of he.

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
Point out to the manager that she is doing that on THEIR time. And I have run into tellers like that. You are not alone.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was waliking out the door to work this morning when I replied,let me finish.Just do me a favor and make sure you return ALL of your coins to her from now on! No joking.I would definitely report her to the branch manager as well as the regional manager.That's highly unethical and takes big cojones to say the least.You would of heard me down the street probably.I think RON(PA) said it best.Go back for more rolls and do it,even if you don't have an account there,especially if you do.

DOCC77

Jan 13, 2007
I just thought Id chime in here on this one.The teller who did that to you violated several bank rules.The halves in the drawer belonged to the bank not her,same goes for the rolls you wanted to purchase.As for going through them she has that right but not in front of you.Unless you brought them in and she was verifying the correct amount in the rolls.Id see the manager and tell the them you are going to file a complaint with the FDIC.along with closing your accounts.(if your a customer there).that should get you some payback and piece of mind...along with maybe her job...GO FOR IT!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread