NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Just returned from Ooltewah Tennessee, and man that is the worst mineralization I have ever found, anywhere! I tuned my XS many different ways to no avail, even tried ferrous tone and constant was blasting all the time. Everytime I got within 3 inches of the ground, my machine would null out and couldn't even get a peep out of it, let alone the penny I dropped on the ground to see if I could hear that..nothing, nada, zilch! So if anything civil war happened in this particular area, forget it. Ooltewah is 21 miles south of Chattanooga, right off I-75 at exit 11. Whilst I did not have the opportunity to check out other areas in this fine state, I will be returning in the near future. My Bro in law is moving to this town and I like y'all's weather. I will be hauling more to his new home before the year is up.........NGE

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you can find some better dirt to fish in. The soil here in Wartburg is deep and brown to black. It's so dry right now it's a real work out just to get a 6" hole. Hopefully you can find some old houses to look around. The soil around them should be a lot better. Best of luck to you.

DANGLANGLEY

duggap

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
Detector(s) used
Tosoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think you had something going on with your detector. I live just outside Ooltewah and have hunted it many times with ordinary results. I use both a Whites and Tesoro and my hunting buddy uses a Troy. None of us have had any ill effects from Ooltewah.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread