oops....almost forgot

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
i was off on Friday so i did a little hunting on Thursday....only i couldn't post all weekend and thats why i almost forgot to post this. anyway i hit a few banks and found one with $100 in machine rolls(the last of thier stock box). not expecting anything as i usually don't have much luck with the machine rolls, i started opening them in the parking lot. around the 8th or 9th roll i found a 2003 NIFC. oh well i'll take it. at least i wasn't skunked. hit a couple more banks and then called it a day and went to dump.
when i got to my dump bank i can see the teller had just pulled numerous bags off the counters and even cleaned the magnets. the evidence of pins, needles and other assorted trash was on top of one of the counters and the other counter was missing the sorter off the top. so now i'm kinda bummed because i usually can pull a few coins and such out of the chute that leads to the reject tray. sometimes a bag gets caught in front of the chute and it holds back all the rejects. but since she's had the machine open i figure she pulled all the coins out. so the teller quickly wiped the trash away and said "use this one please." okay.....so i dump my halfs and a bunch of dimes and other assorted change. i tell her "you may as well stay here a minute as your going to have to change out the halfs bag" i know this because thier half bag only holds $100.
so i dump and sure enough the bag needs to be changed. she opens the machine up and changes the bag and starts the counter again. just then a dime comes flying out the reject chute. i'm figuring "here we go again", these machines either reject alot of the dimes or counts alot of them as pennies. the teller reaches down and picks it up and says "here this one must have something on it." i take it and don't even look at it and put it in my pocket. then she's reaching into the machine and says "here the machine doesn't take tokens." :icon_scratch: i idn't put that in there. so i take it and pocket the SEPTA token. then she reaches in and pulls out some foreign coin the size of a dime. "they don't take these either" not silver. then she pulls out a couple more dimes and says "here there must be something on these too" i look in her hand and i see one is a Merc. now i'm thinkin the other dimes must be silver also. and they were. 1 merc and 2 roosies. (sorry forgot them at home so i'll post the dates when i get back)
now i know isearched those dimes when i bought them and searched them again before i dumped them. no way did these come from what i dumped. so they were either still in the chute or she had pulled them from the reject slot when she cleaned and put them inside the machine somewhere. i know at least one was from the chute because it flew out onto the floor while the machine was counting. my only guess is that these were rejects. this is the first time i have seen or found silver in the reject slot or chute. i have seen them in the bags they pull out (and refuse to sell) so i know they didn't always reject silver. i didn't have any dimes counted as pennies and no clads were rejected (as usual) so my only guess is they calibrated the machines again and the discrimination accidently wound up being set so that the silvers are being rejected.
well i know where i'm going today....just hope they haven't recalibrated yet ;D
so i wound up with one merc, 2 roosies, 1 nifc, one Septa Transit token, and one foreign coin which i have yet to identify. i say thats a good day.
sorry i have no pics as the camera died. perhaps i can get a pic or 2 with Missesmistergees camera phone. i'll try.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread