Oops! Musta Made a Little Mistake....

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Down South - Marietta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)
I was watching this fake heart from a South American seller go up and up and it finally closed at $660:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260512749008

Miami Florida buyer that bought it finally must have found out it was a fake (lesson: If it is too good to be true it probably is....).

Miami buyer now has it for sale if you are interested. Opening bid is now $899 (guess the middle man has gotta make a few buck for his trouble)

http://cgi.ebay.com/CARLOS-II-8-REALES-COB-SILVER-HEART-SHAPE-1682-PV_W0QQitemZ320461124937

Note the statement on the new listing: "Important: I dont know if this coin is authentic, sell with no returns! Please decide by yourself."

I guess he does know now, just won't admit it.... :'(

Stan

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Some folks seem to have more money than sense...

Question is, what do you think of the WC Fields saying ?
"It is morally wrong to allow a sucker to keep his money."

:D

OP
OP
D

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Down South - Marietta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)
The really strange thing is that the purchaser is not taking taking action based on the original seller's 30 day guarantee. From the original auction:

"All illustrations are of the actual item offered. The authenticity of all pieces is fully guaranteed, will provide a full satisfaction this is a Money back guarantee. Objects are returnable for a period of 30 days from auction with valid complaint, after this Time, written documentation from professional source will be needed to complete any returns.

You will only pay for return postage and insurance. Product must be returned in the condition in which it was shipped."

I can't believe the motive is to make a couple of hundred bucks acting as middleman for this fake....

Stan

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets see here. The first auction ended on 12/2. The second auction was posted on 12/10. That leaves 8 days for payment to be made and clear, packing, shipping from South America to USA, receive and open package and then decide to resell item and post. ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread