🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ouch.
Last weekend I got the ok to hunt a 2 acre 1920 spread, right around the corner from my house.
Only put 3 hours in, on what could potentially last me the rest of the year....
So today, while I was up in Tampa, watching my Red Sox get crushed by the Rays(9-1) I missed a phone call, with a voicemail.
Turns out that the guys wife works nights, and sleeps all day....
I new his dog was going ape Shiite while I was up close to the back of the house, but since he wasn’t home, I didn’t sweat it. I had no clue that wife was oh-so pissed at me, she told him to tell me not to come back.
I did squeeze out two Rosie’s and three wheats, but I know that there is so much more....

I called him back, with profuse apologies, and as it turns out he is cool with me, but I get the sense that his wife wears the pants, so it’s all good. He said that maybe later I can come back, if her schedule changes, but until then, no more beeping.

Sad face emojis for me

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O bummer! I'm sure she'll cool down and you'll be back soon. Sounds like a great permission, those are hard to come by nowadays. Send over a bouquet of flowers, and some chocolates...lol, Ddf.

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Iberville Parish, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 / Garrett AT Max /
Garrett Pro Pointer / Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a drag for sure..
And maybe send some Pig Ears for the Dog that got ya in the "Dog House"... lol
those things are like crack for dogs..

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sorry to hear that. Maybe you'll get it back soon.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry to hear about the incident, but how were you to know about the sleeping wife? :dontknow:

I sure hope you get back to that 1920 honey hole! :icon_thumleft:

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that does suck. If they weren't so much I'd say send over an apology of a small edible fruit arrangement and the dog treats and maybe get on her good side and back in there sooner. Keep in touch and hopefully you'll be able to get back to hunt the rest of the finds in that yard before long.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two simple words, NIGHT HUNT! Bring a six pack (for him) and a flashlight and you're good to go!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread