Opened a Roll of Halves Yesterday

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard, You're in a for a fun ride.

The dates you have listed are what I typically get. I also have found that the years 1971 to 1974 are the most common.

Earlier this summer I bought my kids a couple of half dollar coin folders, the ones that have the Kennedy's from 1964 to present. They almost have them completed. It is just a bit tough getting the NICF's (coins Not Intended For Circulation) as they were only sold by the roll or in annual sets from the US Mint to the customer.

Happy Hunting,

Scott (Mich)

OP
OP
D

dsterry0578

Jan 20, 2007
I'm buying my kids (ages 7 & 9) coin folders today so they can start. They've been bugging my for some for awhile and I'd like to get them started at an early age so they can hopefully keep up with them & give us a common interest. I just started collecting coins last year, so I'm playing catch up with a lot of Proof Sets and other coins (I'm 29).

tw656

Jan 13, 2007
That roll was very typical and poor, however it is just one. I really believe so much depends on the area you live in. I live on the east coast. I certainly dont have the results like people in Louisana, TN, and Tx, but better than some. Good Luck.

OP
OP
D

dsterry0578

Jan 20, 2007
Yeah, that's what I've heard. I live in Virginia & it's easy for me to get the Philadelphia minted coins, but very hard for me to get Denver minted coins, I'm especially finding this out with the state quarters. I have all but 2 Philadelphia minted state quarters, but I need just about all the Denver minted quarters.

Cat J

Dec 17, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro
Hey you want me to send you some quarters. I filled my book in about two days.

Thanks
Cat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread