Openion on T2 deal

greenwyvern

Apr 11, 2014
Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 & Delta 4000 & Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
$380 for T2, version 6 bought in 2006 with all three coils, standard, 15" and small coil. Box, rain cover, manual and supposedly used only 5 hours, has original batteries holding charge. Checked serial number....is good. Too much....too old....good deal....bad deal????
Price may go up. What would your limit be on this package?

Thanks,

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That sounds like a fair price. With the deal going on now for the T2 it would cost you $499 plus the price of the small coil $125 in order to get it new now. Some people prefer the non updated models like the one you are asking about.

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing to keep in mind is the electronics will age. That is going on 11 years old. The electrolytic caps will age with time and fail. I always buy used but try to keep the age under 5 years. That said some machines can and do last a long time.

OP
OP
G

greenwyvern

Apr 11, 2014
Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 & Delta 4000 & Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys. Yes have experience with those electrolytic caps in my amateur radios. I'm so old I am likely to hang up the machine or croak before one plays out.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. Yes have experience with those electrolytic caps in my amateur radios. I'm so old I am likely to hang up the machine or croak before one plays out.

Cool .
My Dad Call sign Was K4ZIM. He is no active in AR Now tho.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread