operation iron sweep a go

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
zip tied two magnets together and tied a length of rope.when down to my favorite(walking
distance) freshwater beach and dragged them back and forth overlapping each sweep in the swimming area.picked up two handful of nails.a aa battery,9 steel bottle caps,and
a handful of assorted iron bits along with a pocketful of black sand.curious people were
told that nails hurt childrens feet(wich is true ;) ).I do not put plastic on my magnets
because the black sand sea urchin look is in.cannot wait to get back down there with my
m/d.sorry I threw the ferrous debri out.

Attachments

• DSC00391.JPG
    DSC00391.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 190
  • DSC00392.JPG
    DSC00392.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 187
Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
great for the shallow junk ---great idea

now why didn't I think of that?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a couple rare earth magnets glued inside my scoop to catch the fish hooks and small iron that could fall back thru the holes. Doesn't help to see that nice chain stuck to the magnet. When you get home ya have to use a hose on the scoop once in awhile to get rid of the iron.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions