Operations question... Whites Treasure Master

mikebourgeois

Jun 1, 2018
Victoria, BC
Detector(s) used
White's Treasure Master and a Makro Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a bit confused and hopefully someone can help me figure out my issue. When I'm using my detector and I'm using the normal search function I'll find something in let's say the 90's... perhaps a quarter lets say. When I move over to the pinpoint function to nail down the exact'ish location I get an iron reading. Why is that? Most of the time the 90's reading turns out to be a screw or some sort of carpentry fastener and not a coin... but it does this regardless of whether both the normal search function and the pinpointer show iron or if one has a coin reading and the other iron. The only coins I hit are when the tone and view are both steady with no warbling or flipflops.

Hope that makes sense... I enjoy doing this but I really don't get why it acts like it does.

thanks all

Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
try to double check the signal by swinging over the target in an X-pattern to see if it's ringing in as the same target ID in both directions. If yes, then you might be picking up an iron object that is close to the original target when pin pointing.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your sensitivity may be set too high.

OP
OP
M

mikebourgeois

Jun 1, 2018
Victoria, BC
Detector(s) used
White's Treasure Master and a Makro Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've tried the 'x' motion with the detector and sometimes I'm getting a multitude of different readings... but upon digging my latest I found all sorts of stuff nested together in the same little dirt clod so there ya go.

I also dropped my sensitivity from 7 down to 5. I'll see if it makes a diff... today is a rain day though and unlike some of you heartier members... I might melt in the downpour so I'm just talking about it rather than doing it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread