Opinion on the Quantro Sensing Magnetometer,Lorenz LPX2 and OKM!!!!

Mar 21, 2007
I,m ordering an TM 808 Whites from Kellyco as a temp stop gap cache detector.Bought a PDF 1000 last year $4,700, made a mistake on that one, made in China and all that.Would like to do it right this time but its going to take some money but in the meantime getting a poormans cache machine because some really old sites are coming up for construction.Need to know ,get a opinion,preferably from someone who has or is using one on the above machines Quantro Sensing Mag and anything from the German made OKM.Also would like to know about the German made Lorenz and German made Pulse Star 2, from Kellyco.

Ecominer

Banned
Mar 20, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III; Garrett Master Hunter;2009 Minelab Explorer SE Pro; Quantro Discovery Land Tone Magetometer 1A;
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the latest Quantro Mag., and I am having a difficult time getting it to set correctly. I have been out a nmber of times and have tried it in various locations, being nearly as isolated as you can get, since I'm in the dessert of N. New Mexico. I'm going again today and hopefully will get it to work. I have clicked on every setting and still have not been able to stabilize it like the directions say. If I figure it out I will pass on the knowledge.

Ecominer

Kingpin

May 23, 2008
SW Detroit PolishFinnish said:
I,m ordering an TM 808 Whites from Kellyco as a temp stop gap cache detector.Bought a PDF 1000 last year $4,700, made a mistake on that one, made in China and all that.Would like to do it right this time but its going to take some money but in the meantime getting a poormans cache machine because some really old sites are coming up for construction.Need to know ,get a opinion,preferably from someone who has or is using one on the above machines Quantro Sensing Mag and anything from the German made OKM.Also would like to know about the German made Lorenz and German made Pulse Star 2, from Kellyco.

In my opinion it appears that you do not know how to use the PDF1000 properly, if you indeed buy one. I have no problem with mine. It did take some time to learn it and get my body use to it. Did you get trained when you bought it? Did you get trained with a long time buried target nearby to find your baseline? How many years ago did you buy it? Have a serial # with that PDF1000?????
Well, if you really wish to buy something that does not work as well as the PDF1000, that is your decision to waste your money. Personally, I would spend the time to get trained properly and understand what's really going on with your lack of success.

gadgetguy

May 23, 2008
Detroit- You were answered by several on other forum regarding Fitzgerald's PDF-1000 plus other information. Several spoke very highly of the PDF but the post was deleted as posts were off topic I believe.
The PDF- 1000 is a very valuable tool manufactured in the US with a huge success rate behind it. Very well built and marked clearly " Made in USA" with serial number on top and rear panel.
I own a PDF-1000 plus other locators from Fitzgerald's and am very happy with them. As for the OKM, they are sold by KellyCo as is the pulse you mentioned. The OKM is good for shallow iron as you were told by others on other forum. I own one of these also. The pulse are decent but shop around as there are many on the market. The mag you mentioned is for iron as I am sure you are aware.
I hope this clarifies a bit as many users answered on other forum about them liking the Fitzgerald locators and also their opinion on other locators you mentioned. You might also want to look at www.treasurenow.com as they also manufacture pulse units that are very reasonable-Good Luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread