opinion wanted on semi new technique for concintrating materials

josh

Mar 12, 2005
So I'm thinking about building something similar to a shaker table but it's going to be a box that you fill with classified sand/dirt all wet or all dry then have a motor or some other easy way to shake the heck out of it so all the heavies go to the bottom (and other modifications to get it all to one spot) then discard all the stuff on top. Do you think this shaking technique will work to get heavy material to the bottom on both wet and dry material? Your opinion's are appreciated, oh and if it would work any ideas on the best way to get it to vibrate/ shake?
Thanks,
Josh

Upvote 0

XT18000

May 26, 2008
Sounds like you are trying to reinvent the wheel. No i don't think your idea will work for any number of reasons. Run the material through a series of screens and be done with it!

In short you are wasting your time

OP
OP
J

josh

Mar 12, 2005
XT18000 said:
Sounds like you are trying to reinvent the wheel. No i don't think your idea will work for any number of reasons. Run the material through a series of screens and be done with it!

In short you are wasting your time

I'm not quite sure you got what I was trying to say... I'm not making this to classify the material I'm making it to concentrate the heavy material like gold/platinum out of already screened material. Since gold panning is mostly just removing the light material from on top after shaking the gold to the bottom of the pan, I was wondering if I could and or how to do it on a larger scale and just have a way to dump the other stuff off the top while saving the heavy stuff underneath. This instead of panning a "small" amount for a longer period of time. Then after a few runs of a larger amount of material all your heavy stuff (or so I'm thinking) will be on the bottom to pan, like caught in a v or something.....So I was wondering if <---that technique would work or not on ether wet or dry material.
Thanks, and sorry if i confused you. (Or maby I'm confused.. I dunno..)
Josh

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like someone is after a vibratory tumbler or osmthing along those lines.

Yes it could work, but maybe better for high grading cons that already have been worked in i.e a sluice would be my thought. :thumbsup:

I think wet material would be better, best is if you can keep water in it so it can aggregate the material. :thumbsup:

XT18000

May 26, 2008
Like I said; you are trying to reinvent the wheel; Its called a shaker table and they come it
all sizes.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These FANTASTIC fluidized bed--vibrating concentrators have been around for many years. You could also copy my ol'company design by PESCO for a eliptical air driven vibrator. Tables,pan o matic,ostenburg colums,and 100's more have been around for many years. Dig for ideas/designs on the net-have a ball-Tons a au 2 u 2-John :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 100_0664.jpg
    100_0664.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 528
  • 100_0663.jpg
    100_0663.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 507
  • 100_0662.jpg
    100_0662.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 481

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Seems to me if you have screened the material down to not much else but sand,you would need someway to wash the sand away or like some have said a shaker table where the material is vibrated off and the gold stays on the table.If your material is sand- like,then the sand would drop through wherever the gold drops through also.But goodluck to you.

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Eyes, ears and common sense
Josh do not be put off, the wheel has been reinvented many times over since it was first used. Can you imagine driving a ferrari on a wooden spoked wheel? No of course not its been redesigned made from alloy and low profile performance tyres fitted.
The same goes for many products that we use today, like the Dyson vaccume cleaners.
It is not reinventing it is redesigning, and thats how improvements are made in all aspects of life.
Good luck to you.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Karl Von Mueller designed a vibratory gold shaker using parts from the junkyard.
I bought the plans but at this moment can't recall where the pamplet is. He got the
vibration using a partially flattened camshaft. I will look for it to provide a better
explanation. Maybe someone out there remembers how his gadget worked. lastleg

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Josh i like to "reinvent" equipment myself. i like your idea on the seperator but i think youd be well advised to build this inaddition to some other type of gold recovery setup to work with it.. every peice of equipment ive ever seen was built to conform to a persons own personnal situation/conditions. weither its a portable unit for out in the feild or for your shop. if you can build a peice of equip, to seperate your fines/flakes and then also proccess them for you while your doing something else, youd have the best setup for yourself! this may lead up to a bigger peice of equip. than you want to haul around. and you may prefer to just want to use something to preclassify/shake your material out in the feild and bring it home to work. i personnaly like to seperate as much of the waste there on site and bring home the rich stuff. a shaking device like what your originnaly asked about could be done in many ways. but you need to say how much material/weight your talking about before a person could advise you on "how- to-do-it" also do you want this as a 12volt power or a gas engine to supply water /vibration? volumn of material? lots of questions!

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Josh PM sent
let me know what you think!
Am I just crazy or what?
Lots more where that came from.

Top Member Reactions