Opinion: What is the best Tesoro coinshooter?

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I think I have settled on a Tesoro as my next detector and I'm actually considering all Tesoro detectors. I've heard that the Tejon is deep but better for relic hunting as opposed to coinshooting. I am strictly a coinshooter and was curious which one would be the best for that.

Thanks

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the Tesoro's are good coin shooters. The Tejon and those above it just have more features than the lower priced ones. The Cibola and those below it just don't have any ground balance which only limits their ability if you have bad ground. I especially like the Tejon for its notch feature which I set to disc out pull tabs and accept everything else. This way I can only disc out Iron with first disc knob and if I get a beep, I can pull the trigger to use the 2nd. disc knob. If the target is silent I can choose to either pass up a possible pull tab/gold ring or dig it. If you don't use the 2nd disc setting all targets beyond your first disc setting call out as good or ( more conductive).

Here's the link for the Vaquero. http://www.tesoro.com/product/detectors/vaquero/

Here's field test for Tejon. http://www.tesoro.com/info/fieldtests/current/tejon/

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the info and opinions guys. I have determined it will either be a Golden Umax or a Vaquero....I like the lifetime warranty of Tesoro's and the ability to quickly change descrimination.

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
warsawdaddy said:
I used to have a Vaquero and it was very good.I have nothing but good about the Golden UMAX.

I've read good things about the golden umax as well, I would imagine you could really fine tune it with the notch width.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread