Opinions please

Dec 2, 2023
Wanting to hear some opinions on arrowhead that is pictured in below attachments. Need not be professional just true feelings and opinions and why it's what your opinion is. All input is appreciated. Thank you. I can add additional photos if needed. View attachment 2118396 View attachment 2118397
20231203_001723.jpg

Upvote 6

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could you turn it flat? First impression is a bit of suspicion just because of the size and quality but the damage and a little patina are good signs, the flaking seems a little unusual for a stemmed point. Area found and more pictures would help

Looks like Iā€™m on the wrong side of a double post, the other pictures help and the flaking looks less oblique over there, Iā€™d agree with the others on the Hardin

dougachim

Jan 30, 2013
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
ā™ 
Dec 2, 2023
Could you turn it flat? First impression is a bit of suspicion just because of the size and quality but the damage and a little patina are good signs, the flaking seems a little unusual for a stemmed point. Area found and more pictures would help

Looks like Iā€™m on the wrong side of a double post, the other pictures help and the flaking looks less oblique over there, Iā€™d agree with the others on the Hardin

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Can you give some history on this point please?

Did you acquire this recently and now have questions about its authenticity?

in the earlier post on this point, the consensus was that it appears to be an authentic Hardin.
There was a question I posted concerning the tip.

Is that the lighting? Do you know if the tip has been restored or re-chipped?

Is there a bevel on the blade edge anywhere?

Give us some information concerning any basal grinding.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
it is a beautiful point but if you didn't find it yourself my immediate reaction would be skepticism.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread