CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey All...

I've been away from dowsing for a few years, but am being drawn back to the possibilities of using it to search for caches.

I have brass L-rods, in copper tube & capped handles with nylon bushings which I built years ago, and a commercially produced "instrument" purchased about thirty years ago, which can be "baited".

A question for those who dowse.... In your experience, will wearing gold jewelry (14K - a wedding band and an ear ring) while attempting to dowse the location of cached gold/silver coin have an effect on my attempts? If so, should it aid me, as I'm "baited" for gold, or have a negative effect?

I really need some guidance on this. My research has me with dozens of potential leads which have never been publicized. I want to get an indication the target may be on-site before approaching property owners for permission/split ratio. Actual recovery efforts will probably be a combo of dowsing/metal detector.

All helpful responses welcomed ~ nay-sayers not.

Robin

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey Captain Robin…When I first started I would be careful not to have anything on my person. After I located the gold I would go back to the truck and get all my equipment. Sometimes that was a lot of extra walking.
Now I do not empty my pockets . I have a fanny pack with digging tools, zip lock bags, magnet, metal markers and a lot other stuff. I sometimes carry a back pack with pans and screens and many more objects. The only thing that I have found that hinders the rods is my GPS.
I almost always use baited rods. Why….When I dig, what I have them baited for is always there…Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Mike….thanks ..that reminded me of another problem. When there are other people around you have to be careful. If they are using those walkie-talkies they can move the rods. They only do it when the talk button is depressed so it is just for a short time. I know when it happens so I just ignore it…Art

OP
OP
CaptainRobin

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike & Art...

Thanks for the responses. I have done NO dowsing research or experimenting for several years. Had a nay-sayer on the 'net get under my skin, and knew enough to not allow negitive infulence to be present, so I dropped it for ah-while....

No jewelry... thought I had that 'un.... but had to ask.

No glasses.... now there's a rub.... I can see good enough without 'em, but I wear 'em daily. Something to consider which I'd never heard of before.

No cell phone or radio. Never thought of that. I carry one every time I'm off in the woods. Even turned off, it has a charged battery..... gotta think that 'un.

Aircraft..... oh, boy. Gotta a problem there. Not commercial, but military. There's a bombing range within 20 miles all directions, and they run a lot of missions. Several "Navy Towers" along the coast. Got no idea if they'll have a positive or negative infulence.

Whooo-boy.... lemme get closed on this house and back to reading and practicing.

I used to be fair to good....

Robin

OP
OP
CaptainRobin

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike and Art,

Thanks for the replies and insight.

I have an old Anderson PMR with all the bells and whistles. It seems to do me right only in the Y-rod configuration, and only with silver.

Believe it or not, I have an old Garrett ADS, still in working order, with a 14" coil. Don't remember which of you two posted about it, but I got one.

I've seen in some of the other posts here the witnessing of L-rods ~ either taped to the end of the rods, or with a film canister towards the bend. Now... since I'm basically after man-buried silver/gold coin caches, if I want to bait the L-rods, can you give me an idea as what may work? Tape, or witness chamber? And the composition of the witness. Any silver/gold item, or perhaps cut a coin in two (or a whole coin?) and attach these to the rods?

I've never tried witnessing a pair of L-rods, was just able to have them close on "signal lines" of targets I'd buried and let age. But they would close on line. Problem was, they'd close on other possible lines also. I do live in the oldest English settlement area of GA, and there's lots of potential here, so perhaps I'm receiving indications of other caches. One draws me no matter where around the area I hold the Y. Probing, detecting, Poloroid photos don't get me nothing there. Perhaps too deep? Not concentrating properly? I dropped it. Figured it "wasn't to be".

Anyhow, I'm about as retired as I'm gonna get. Too broke-up to shrimp much anymore, I really like history and doing research, have been exposed to dowsing for my entire life, and want to dive a lil' bit deeper into the art. There's a world of possibilities around here.

Robin

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Robin...I have never tried combinations of elements. I have baited rods for a lot of different stuff. I used redwood saw dust to locate a box full of nuggets. I would have used plain gold but this spot was on a golf course and I wanted to be sure I had the right target. I have used different types of charcoal to locate old campfire sites. You will be surprised at what is lost around these old sites. I used black powder to locate an old mine shaft that was shut in the 1850’s. You guys back east have so many different things to look for I have no idea how to bait there. If I lived in that area I would find out with a lot of experimenting. ….Art

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Cap't Robin,
Nice to see your rekindled intrest.
I believe what it comes down to is being yourself. If you wear jewelry, glasses, or carry a cellphone, there is no reason to take them off.
I have found these things to have no effect on my success.
What does affect my success is my attitude and ability to concentrate on what I'm looking for.
Once a person "sells" themselves a "program" it can be very difficult to "undo" it and return to the task of making locations.
What I mean is worrying more about what "things" might affect you than building upon and concentrating on what you know works for you or what you remembered what worked for you.
Dowsing is not complicated and is a skill that you can make your own by developing a style that is unique to you.
You have decent equipment and if that y-rod becomes your main dowsing tool, then stick with it and use the others as back ups or for other types of dowsing tasks.
There are plenty of suggestions here on how to practice and keep your skills up to prepare you for a real location.
Hope to hear from you soon,
Jon

OP
OP
CaptainRobin

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, Art and Jon....

I really appreciate the responses. Got a bit of insight out of it too...

Right now, my world is in an upheaval.... Miss T and I are in the end stages of purchasing a home ~ both of us are past the half-centery mark, and neither of us has EVER purchased a home before....

BIG stress......

NO time to hold/swing a rod. Can't concentrate, thinking about how the financial company is trying to rape me for ever dime I disclosed.....

Howevah.....

Thanks Jon.... most folks I've corresponded with in the past weren't too keen on the idea of a Y-rod. But... it pulls for me. I SAW it HURT my grandmother's wrists when she tried it decades ago, using a pile of silver coins as a target. She would not touch it afterwards. I cannot keep it from turning when it comes on-line, and my hands ain't weak sisters. But it will lie to me, or I ain't comprehending what it's telling me.

Okay, Mike and Art...

I've looked some of y'alls posts, and have gotten reaffirmation of some things I'd read in the past, some things I've experienced, and a couplathree new ideas to try. Thanks.

And thank goodness there are no nay-sayers allowed here. Negative energy just don't work.... not for me.

I'm in a target rich enviroment where I am. Time to get the rods out again.

AFTER I close on the house, and do the painting, rip out the carpet, and lay Pergo.... sigh..... Honey-Do....

Now, before I wrap this up, lemme tell you all something about dowsing......

I ain't got a clue how this works...... but if one want's to look, I post often (not so often lately) in the Coin Roll Searching forum. Anyhow, it seems I can take rolls of half dollars, stand them on end, take either hand, set my fingers and thumb on the ends, and "feel" the rolls which will have silver in them. It's almost like a miniscule electrical charge in the finger that's on the roll, and I AIN'T opened it yet. I do have to have skin to metal contact.

Odd.... no explaination.

Thanks guys.... and we may have to go covert if things start working out.

Target Rich Enviroment..... big time. You just have to read.......

Robin

OP
OP
CaptainRobin

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, I'm gonna try the "thumb prints" against the ends of the Y. As I wrote, it's an old Anderson PMR, with the "fiber handles".... I'm just afraid they're getting so aged they're gonna bust on me some day. Don't know if the "simmons" folks can replace them.

Anyhow, as I've always used them in the past, I'm holding them spread to the point where they want to be unstable. Elbows tucked into my side just above my hips (most natural position for me) and hands wrapped around the ends of the Y handles, hands facing up. Thumbs have always been wrapped around the fingers. Never even thought about sticking two of my most senstive extremities to the ends of the Y. But the device WILL turn when on-line to a target, and I CANNOT stop the downward pull by tightening my hands on the rods, and my hands are strong.... laborer for years, construction worker, combat engineer, commercial shrimper. Grabbing, lifting, pulling lines, pulling nets, when I put my hands on something I've "got'ta'holt" of it.

I can't keep the rod from turning downward, no matter how hard/tight I hold it.

I'll try the hand rubbing thing, but I know that it works. Slap them hard together, then rub real hard until it begins to burn/hurt. It increases the sensitivity in MY hands. I know this.

You guys keep turning me on to some of your personal experiences, and any published info you think of. We have an excellent library loan system in GA, and my local has been able to get me EVERYTHING I've ever requested. They do look at me in an odd way sometimes when they see titles or subject matter....

I'm gonna start another thread concerning information dowsing with a pendelum......... can't really do it concerning some things, but have been 100% successful with something y'all won't believe....

Robin

OP
OP
CaptainRobin

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mike and All Y'all....

I've been super busy. Closed on the house, got the key yesterday.

Mike, I got the PM. Always interested in reading material. We'll have to go one-on-one on how to exchange the info. But I'm gonna be seriously busy with painting, carpet ripping, Pergo, etc. for a few weeks, not to mention "MOVING"...(I hope it's the last time)... gonna hire someone to do that.

I actually JUST noticed something.... there are three threads on this subject.

I gotta a lotta catch-up reading in the master thread.

Have a good-un, I'm going to the river eat'in place, and have a double bloody-mary.

Robin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions