Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Oprah Winfrey: Obama is victim of racism; racists ‘just have to die’

Cheryl Carpenter Klimek
BIZPAC Review
November 17, 2013

Oprah Winfrey made several racially-charged statements during a BBC interview Friday while promoting her recent film, “The Butler.”

The BBC’s Will Gompertz asked Winfrey if racism is still a contemporary issue.

“It’s gotten better,” she said. “Are there still places where people are terrorized because of the color of their skin, because of the color of their black skin? Yes. But there are laws that have allowed us to progress beyond what we saw in the Scottsboro [case] and beyond even the prejudice we see in ‘The Butler.’”

Gompertz asked Winfrey if she thought the problem of racism was solved.

“Of course, the problem is not solved,” the actress said. “As long as there are people who still, there’s a whole generation – I say this, you know, I said this, you know, for apartheid South Africa, I said this for my own, you know, community in the South – there are still generations of people, older people, who were born and bred and marinated in it, in that prejudice and racism, and they just have to die.”

If President Obama weren’t an African-American, Gompertz asked, would he be treated differently?

Winfrey mentioned the time when U.S. Rep. Joe Wilson, R-S.C., called Obama a liar while the president was delivering a speech to Congress.

“Just the level of disrespect,” she said. “When the senator yelled out, ‘You’re a liar.’ Remember that? Yeah, I think that there is a level of disrespect for the office that occurs, and that occurs in some cases, and maybe even many cases, because he’s African-American.”

Watch the BBC interview here:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Isn't it amazing. Two people at the very top, and crying about racism. Unbelievable.
Jim

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
So ... it's ok to have called Nixon a liar because he was white, but it isn't ok to call the Scandaldaddy a liar because he is black?

You guys on the left are really weird. Obama is HALF WHITE, so do we call him a half liar?

If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck and sounds like a duck then you folks on the left know for certain it is a bear!

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
so do we call him a half liar?

Heres an easy fix.Half of what obozo says is a lie and,the other half is untrue:laughing7:Use a libs own logic against them:sign10:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I AM NOT A RACIST!!!!! I DON'T like his white half either!! LMBO!
LOL! :laughing7:

I too, am from the deep south. Please don't think white folks, are the only one's raised in prejudice!
I guess it may have benefitted Obama, in all the ppl that only voted for him, because he is black.
Try again, Oprah!

eta: LMBO @ onfire down there! LOL!

Last edited:

Unclebuck257

Aug 31, 2013
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On a serious note The only real question that I have is this... Who REALLY gives a tinker's damn what Oprah says or thinks!? Here you have two of the most powerful blacks in the United States, one the wealthiest and the other the most powerful and who is the idiot that thinks either gives flip about poor blacks except to use them as they see fit politically! It's sick and pitiful and most blacks are marching lockstep to their racism tune. The only ones that aren't got educated and rose mentally above that garbage. That's exactly why these two want to keep the majority of blacks poor, uneducated, and needy, and on the gov't dole.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
she is one of the worst racists in this country!! I wouldn't watch her dumba$$, black-promoting movie/s anymore than I would watch jane fonda in one. Shows how stupid she is when she can't realize why some folks just don't respect odumbo. A liar is a liar! She needs to take her money and go save some more Africans from injustice.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it O.K to say "Half Honky Half Donkey?"

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
she is one of the worst racists in this country!! I wouldn't watch her dumba$$, black-promoting movie/s anymore than I would watch jane fonda in one. Shows how stupid she is when she can't realize why some folks just don't respect odumbo. A liar is a liar! She needs to take her money and go save some more Africans from injustice.

Once again I must protest about Jane Fonda. She was smokin in Barbarella and Cat Ballou...

njal

May 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked Oprah at one time,I thought she did a lot of good for
people and had a big heart,after seeing this last night on the news
I have 0 respect for her.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
On a serious note The only real question that I have is this... Who REALLY gives a tinker's damn what Oprah says or thinks!? Here you have two of the most powerful blacks in the United States, one the wealthiest and the other the most powerful and who is the idiot that thinks either gives flip about poor blacks except to use them as they see fit politically! It's sick and pitiful and most blacks are marching lockstep to their racism tune. The only ones that aren't got educated and rose mentally above that garbage. That's exactly why these two want to keep the majority of blacks poor, uneducated, and needy, and on the gov't dole.

Well said UncleBuck.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's a lot easier on your ego to claim people dislike you for your skin color, than to hear they dislike you because you're a jerk!
Jim

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
really? two out of millions make it to the top, and are supposed to sit silent in the face of bigotry and racism?

unbelievable.
So, show me the specific examples of racism. Specifically white on black, or white on brown, or white on Asian.
Here's a specific example of racism against me, personally, because I'm not a minority... I've been in the construction business my entire adult life. The government decided I had too many advantages, because of my race, so they made a special category of licenses just for "minorities". That license allowed the "minorities" access to many lucrative government jobs that I was not allowed to bid on. Didn't matter that many of the so-called "disadvantaged minorities" had more wealth than I did...their skin wasn't white, and that's all that mattered.
Jim

Last edited:

Unclebuck257

Aug 31, 2013
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
really? two out of millions make it to the top, and are supposed to sit silent in the face of bigotry and racism?

unbelievable.

How ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC pip!! How ABSOLUTELY RACIST on your part too, to make a statement like that!! There are a great many more blacks than just the two referred to in this thread who have risen above the liberal garbage spin and recognize what exactly the LIBS are doing and how hard the libs are trying to keep the average black down in order to control them! Too many to mention, but you damn sure do know who they are! You and the other libs just can't handle or stand them because they tell the truth and speak out against you folks!!

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
well..how enlightening...I knew you guys throwing around words, didn't understand them...
a bigot is a person with prejudice towards others...race, creed, color or religion...
a racist is a bigot with power.

give you examples of /bigoted behavior?...look in a mirror.

again..i am not a liberal...but then, that is another word used in a hateful an prejudicial manner...that some just don't understand...
do invest in a dictionary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread