Orange Va,

Hutch911

May 19, 2008
Linden, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes they where all over Orange and Culpeper VA. hard to say if they where on your friends land but with research you should be able to figure it out. Good luck !

Hutch

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :thumbsup: AGREE; just "google" Civil War battles in Orange & Culpepper Counties, Va. ;D It was a HOT ZONE! Stay away from Fed or State parks/battlefields, tho. "THEY" will take away yer MD equipment, if caught (so, I heard...). ??? :icon_study: :coffee2: :thumbsup:

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Take it and swing it .. you just may be surprised! :thumbsup:

HuntingVa

Jan 28, 2007
Orange, Va
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer xs
I live in orange county and have a spot to dig on private property in the Hill-Ewell part of Wilderness Battlefeild and have dug a this year alones breastplate, a us marked bayonet, two near perfect eagle buttons and probably75-100 dropped and fired bullets and it is only five acres of land you just have to get in a good spot hh and message me if you want to go digging i can take you all over cedar mountain battlefeild.

floodcitykid

Nov 3, 2008
Appomattox coVirginia
Detector(s) used
whites eagle spectrum
fisher gold bug
Gold Dog said:
Hi
I may be gowning to a friends farm in Orange Va, in the near future an was wandering if this could be a good place to bring my detectors along? Was there much Civil War activity in this area? Thanks

Orange county is so loaded with civil war relics it is hard NOT to find them....Clarks mountain was a huge confederate winter camp, troops movements all over, pickett posts, cavalry videttes, skirmishes. Any old house or period house in the area is good anything within site of the major rivers of the rapidan/Rapahannock is good.
Place has been dug and dug hard but something always pops up, plus a lot of unhit areas.....

floodcitykid

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread