Orchard Finds

midas777gold

May 29, 2006
Our town recently purchased 150 acres of a peach orchard that had been in operation since the 1890's. I figured if they're charging me a couple hundred bucks more a year in taxes to pay for it, I'm going metal detecting.
Spent 1 1/2 hours today. Found a buffalo nickel, a few wheat pennies, some pieces of farm junk, and this sterling ring. It's quite unusual. Weighs 30 grams. the side and top emblems appear to be gold. What kind of ring is this? From what organization ? Definately will be going back again.

Attachments

• stera.jpg
    stera.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,391
  • sterb.jpg
    sterb.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 1,411
  • sterc.jpg
    sterc.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,397
Upvote 0
That ring is really nice...Looks like its depicting the arabian horse and rider...
I would definately keep hunting.

Awesome ring! It's got the coat of arms, the rider with sword, the mosque, the swords and sword-like decorations and the crescent moon and star which is associated with Islam and Arab/Muslim countries. So, it might be a religious ring, or a religious ring with jihadist leanings, or it could be a ring associated with the Crusades.

A good pic of the coat of arms might help.

Excellent find midas.

HH!
TBGO

Its showing the Arabian Nights Scimitar Sword,so probally has some affiliation to an organization that uses them for their motto....or its from Hidalgo ;) LOL

That is one superb ring,
very exciting find. Congrats to you
and thanks for sharing the pics. Inspiring!

Smiles!
BDoo

That's cool!

Maybe you could get $50,000,000 on shebay saying it's an "ancient Arabian Knight relic" :o

No hallmarks? Its not a Shriners ring, but it could be an old Masonic Templar ring although I have never seen that particular one before. Its a great ring, and very interesting.

ALLAH ACHBAR ,ALLAH ACHBAR LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALAL
firing off a few ak rounds for good luck............???

Cool ring, very nice. Good job.

150 acres is a lot of territory to MD. It is amazing to me to think that jewelry like that would be lost on a farm...... GREAT find!!

WoW!!!! Beautiful!

:o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back