Order/Pickup Set-up Confusion

Eldar11

Mar 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm doing research and trying to figure out my pick up and dump plan for this summer. My bank will order boxes if I so choose and when I asked about dumping large amounts of coins they told me, 'as long as I am a customer it would be no problem.' They even offered if I had a large volume to hand it to a teller be counted in the large commercial counter near the vault.

My predicament is though, that I don't want to be picking up and dumping at my one bank. There aren't many other banks in the area, so I need to figure out if I can order from the other banks. If I cannot order from the banks that I am not a member of, then what should I do? Maybe pick up at one branch and dump at another, but I am still hesitant to do that. What do you all think?

Upvote 0

BillyOceansEleven

May 6, 2011
I wouldn't dump and pickup from the same bank, even using different branches. I would suggest just sucking it up and opening some new accounts to give you other pickup and/or dump options. If your current bank is agreeable to your coin dumping I might would use them for dumping and a couple of new banks for pickups.

OP
OP
E

Eldar11

Mar 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I called a couple other banks in the area and two of them said they could order boxes, and didn't ask if I had an account with them. We'll see how that goes, and if Fargo can order I'll open an account with them to transfer back over when I go back to school.

OP
OP
E

Eldar11

Mar 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not going to dump and pick up at the same bank. I needed to figure out where I could pick up, because at my own bank I have a really great setup for dumping. That's set up now and I have at least two other places to pick up from, if not three.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think it matters if you pick up/dump at the same bank, as long as they are different branches. Many banks use the same couriers anyway so you your dumps could end up being your pickups regardless. Not picking up /dumping at the same bank is more about respect for the tellers that work there. you're gonna have to suck it up and open an account on this one, you may have one teller tell not as about an account when you order boxes, and then the next time you place an order it could be a different teller that decides you need an account. Better to have it and be able to have consistent results

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
When you show up at a new bank, they will roll out the red carpet for you.
They will do anything for you that isn't completely contrary to their rules.

That's the way it is at first.....

THEN, after you have enjoyed privileges like ordering and dumping, and it means something to you, then you will hear about

--you have to open an account
--there will be fees
--you need a business account
--there is a limit. (BTW, some CRH'ers do not understand that there is a limit to EVERYTHING.)

You have to find a balance between your commitment and their service. Chuck the ones that won't work with you.

Keep on Rollin' !

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just open a new acct.. I opened 5 with $500 in each so i can do more crh...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions