Ordered E-Trac

Kilohertz

Feb 20, 2014
Decided to stop messing around with my compadre and get an E-trac today w/option 1. Super excited. I was able to get 10% off with promo code "JDVARIETY" at Kellyco. Found this promo by watching a comparison vid on JD's variety channel. Thanks JD.

I would like to know if theres any out of box issues i should look out for before i go out with it? Thanks guys.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
The only out of the box issue I had with my Etrac was me.....

Don't go playing with downloaded pattern files until you've grown used to using the beast. I went whole hog on pattern collecting and only confused myself. Didn't give myself quality time with it before jumping all in. Frustrated, I deleted all those other patterns and just went straight stock. I settled down and used it and never did put any more imported patterns back on in two years of use.

Keep it simple, and it will become simple to use.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Start with the factory coin/jewelry program. Hit the beach or tot lot and dig everything until you get a good idea of what the machine is telling you. When you start to feel comfortable with the sounds, start to dial in more numbers or quick mask to an open screen to see what else is out there. It will be an eye-opener!

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just bought a killer detector that will sniff out oldies in pounded parks. In my opinion the hardest thing for you at first will be all those tones you'll hear. You might be tempted to not use the multi tone mode, but bite the bullet and learn the tones. The easiest way to start would be to work some sand at the beach or a tot lot and just use the stock coin or beach/jewelry mode, but If you're mainly a dirt fisher and want to start at a park I would suggest the following tweaks and they won't interfere with your learning curve. Start in Coin mode, adjust your threshold so you can barely hear it then bump it up one number, turn on fast, threshold pitch is set to 15. Take a silver dime or quarter and experiment with the pitch until you find the pitch you like the best (most people like a higher pitch but everyone's hearing is different), trash Density is set to Low. If your in a park or anywhere with lots of trash set to high, and keep everything else as it is. Once you get 30-50 hours in you can bump up the gain a couple of numbers, bump up you tone Variability to 29-30, and use +3 sensitivity. Keep in mind, just like any machine keep your coil close to the ground and move slowly. Your in for a ton of fun. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions