Ordered my Tesoro - Cant wait

Bazooka

Jan 26, 2007
Ordered my Tesoro - Can't wait

Thanks for your help finding a dealer guys. I ended up ordering from DixieMetalDetectors, though I'm sure all were great dealers. I was pretty set on the Cibola, but after so much review I decided it was worth the $80 to get a machine with manual GB, the Vaquero. I see so many people that really liked the Cibola ended up upgrading to the Vaq and loved it even more. I was a little afraid of the GB but decided I'd have no regrets with this model. I have learned a ton from all of your posts and have enjoyed reading them. This is my first Tesoro, an upgrade from a Bounty Hunter Pioneer505 I've hunted with for 2 years. I have done quite well with that machine, and it has found me some nice things, and it will probably remain in my car trunk for those quickie tot-lot hunts. However I'm very curious as to what I've left behind, and I have several old yards to visit. Should be detecting by mid to late march around here.
Thanks again guys- and may you all find the tesoro you're seeking.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Ordered my Tesoro - Can't wait

The Vaquero is a great machine ! Very lite really good deepth and does well in iron.I love mine. ;)

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have seen the light!! I will be going with a Vaquero too.

drywasher

Feb 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GOOD JOB , MEN ! i'm sure you will do great with the "V"
above all , have fun with it

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Great to hear it!! I had my heart set on the Vaquero but then I decided that I wanted the Tejon, then I decided that I didn't want to spend the money on the Tejon so I was back to the Vaquero, but then my wife (believe it or not) told me that I should get the Tejon so that I'm not wishing I had and wind up spending more money to get the Tejon (arn't wives just grand). So when the spring thaw gets here, I will be getting the Tejon, but you can't go wrong with the Vaquero either!!

Congrats!!!!

HH

PTP

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005

I just received my Cibola today. I'm disappointed. I heard something rattling around in the box, which made me curious. Upon opening the box, I found a shiny chrome colored piece of metal, the frequency toggle switch was broken off. I am kind of at a loss, as to how that happened. The box wasn't damaged, except for one small area in the upper corner. I have contacted the dealer that I bought it from for exchange. If that doesn't work, I guess I get to file a warranty claim.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett

Sry to hear about that DD Dave...

Get it resolved before the WX gets better!

rmptr

OP
OP
B

Bazooka

Jan 26, 2007

Real sorry to hear about that. Anyone would be very bummed. I'm sure Tesoro will take care of you, but it's the extended wait and all that. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread