Ordering from Loomis?

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
No but I heard its possible. My vault teller asked ME once why I didn't go directly to Brinks since I got so much, I would have to pay a fee but they would deliver directly to ME. HH Mark

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey gang,
Can you imagine what the neighbors would think with a Brinks or Loomis truck pulling up to the front door ???? You better have one helluva alarm system.. Talking about let everyone know you got m o n e y .......

Have fun
PLL

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pegleglooker said:
hey gang,
Can you imagine what the neighbors would think with a Brinks or Loomis truck pulling up to the front door ???? You better have one helluva alarm system.. Talking about let everyone know you got m o n e y .......

Have fun
PLL

Yeah, I don't even throw out my empty boxes at home. In the ghetto i live in, that'd be an open invite to a home invasion. I use a buddy's dumpster.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I think you have to have a fed reserve bank account to be able to get coins thru the courier companies. They contract with the fed to provide coin and cash service for the fed. I don't know what the requirements are to have a fed reserve bank account.

Jim

OP
OP
packfan_1982

packfan_1982

Jun 22, 2008
Omaha NE
Detector(s) used
F70 / ACE 250
So I can't just show up at the Loomis branch where they have their boxes of halves displayed on shelves like produce. I check each box for ripeness and purchase the ones with the walkers showing. A guy can dream I guess.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I called one of my local carriers a year ago. They didn't care. $5 fee per bag if I pick up, if I remember correctly. I bought two bags of big dollars. Nothing special in them.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
cyberdan said:
I called one of my local carriers a year ago. They didn't care. $5 fee per bag if I pick up, if I remember correctly. I bought two bags of big dollars. Nothing special in them.

Do you know what company that was? When I first started CRHing I called two companies, Dunbar and Loomis, (not Brinks, couldn't get thru to them to ask) and they both said I needed to have a fed reserve bank acct. before they would sell me halves.

$5 bucks a bag would not be bad if they were old bags of halves that had been stashed a while. You would at least find enough 40%s to pay for it I would think.

Jim

OP
OP
packfan_1982

packfan_1982

Jun 22, 2008
Omaha NE
Detector(s) used
F70 / ACE 250
I just called Loomis here in Omaha and well they were less than agreeable when they found out I was just some guy who wanted to buy coins. Oh well back to hasseling Wells Fargo

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you live in L.A. area I will give you the number of the carrier I used.

A while back i got a spreadsheet with ALL carriers but deleted all not in my area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread