Ore sniffer

Dart70ca

Tenderfoot
Aug 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been scouring the internet for a few days now hoping to find a tool that might detect gold in a promising-looking rock. I come across bits of quartz when classifying and larger chunks on occasion and am looking for a detector or pinpointer that might help me exclude some of the trash. Don't care if it's a homebuilt or off-the shelf. Big or small.
Should be able to discern a flake of gold from, say, an inch away. Too much to expect?
Thanks,

Carpdogman

Aug 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Falcon MD20 is money well spent. Mine gets a lot of use even to check spoils after a clean up.

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is precisely what I've been looking for, boogeyman. Thanks for the link. I'll definitely be ordering one of these soon.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

faribo

Apr 13, 2007
Southern MN
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
AT Pro (when desperate)
So, if you were to take the amount of gold that fits on a pin head and put it on the ground, the MD20 would detect it?

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, if you were to take the amount of gold that fits on a pin head and put it on the ground, the MD20 would detect it?

Yes.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think my Garrett pinpointer will do that. I'll have to test it out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread